Spices

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Spices

Postby xsarfax » Sun May 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Add NPC with exlusive spices from forbidden country or whatever named it - spaces add to food will increase "gluttony power" of food.
Why not.
Idea as idea is good for Salem or not. LEave a comment ¦] ¦]
xsarfax

Re: Spices

Postby gorniksam » Sun May 29, 2016 10:06 pm

I preffer more slots in inventory (2k) but your idea isnt bad :P
gorniksam

Postby Silverfish » Mon May 30, 2016 1:18 am

I was always against any ideas making something more powerful coz it destroys games in long perspective - this time I'll be more easy :)
More of players like salem coz of crafting so maybe its just a question of receipes?
- fish receipes suck
- almost all receipes using generic corn oil are broken***
- theres no gluttony bonus from the secondary ingredients*

Ideas:
- more receipes
- * lets mark one of the secondary herbal/vegetable ingredient as the spice and add gluttony bonus from the purity of this igredient with new cooking skill "Seasoning (Spicing?)"

Example:

A Side of Venison - in that receipe the purity bonus is taken from the meat cut. Lets mark the nuts as spice in this dish and allow the clever cook with seasoning skill to add the gluttony bonus taken from the nuts purity.

Pros:
- it extends the current system so no need to revamp all
- it demands extra skill and we like the skills :)
- not all receipes got to have the spice bonus mark - devs could leave the more poweful foods without it so we got more balanced diet :D
- receipes using sugar/pepper will use the stock 0 purity sugar or pepper so wont be overpowered until the sugar/pepper purity is introduced
- new skill opens the possibility to feed the dish with another spice like feeding grubs with some failure chance ofc (in future)**
- newb hunters could benefit from the seasoning before they derp to purity blades

Cons:
- complicated? :D

**Idea 2
Lets use post-cooking seasoning with spices in general, so anyone could cook the dish and after thant some master-chefs could feed the dish with spices (with failure chance ofc ;P)

***pweeze fix the oil ;P
Agnes Waterhouse - second-rate tailor, cooking for the pack of crazy foragers
Silverfish

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 30, 2016 8:02 am

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Sauce_Chasseur
12x ingredients
and it is worse than Spore Bajgiel
and mushrochms still buged...

many recipe need rare/more rare ingredients and give.... nothing...

example:
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Cranberry_Sauce
Cranberry x11
Sugar x.5kg
is easy... ok
Glass Jar x1 (1 Glass Panel = 6x Glass Jar, but you lose when eat... ?! you eat glass?! and for session need ~2sheds so 22 Panels Glass = 7700s lose)
candy isnt easy got
so group Berries food = broken

only nowe Meat is good...
Mushroom from mushroom not poisonous: Lobster Mushroom / Sugar Caps / Lavender Blewit
all Bajgiel but
hard for regen group...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby xsarfax » Mon May 30, 2016 9:13 am

Silverfish wrote:I was always against any ideas making something more powerful coz it destroys games in long perspective - this time I'll be more easy :)

Makins something more powerful.... But after like 700-1000 biles(its diffrent, how strong set you have), you reach at limit, when you cant use full benefits of fiesting set...
Solution ? Make inv bigger / add better food - or this is just for stop bigger players. Lets say hurray to army of alts

In way add better food, add option to make already existed food better by add spices, so its just like "put silver" into food.
If good balanse - enough expensive for what will give, could help Salem in 2 ways.
1) Avaible turn your work into gluttony points. You need work to get silver, you want get biles faster and/or you could break inv limits by this.
2) This could greatly decrese amount of silver on Serwer. I mean, everyone glutton, everyone want have bigger biles, so ppl will spend theys silver from storages and after that they will work harder to get silver for glutoning ¦] ¦] Just this is missing in Salem - way to spend silver by NPC
xsarfax

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 am

or "Sugar & Spice"
each 10 points give +1 for min and max points for food :P
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 am

xsarfax wrote:
Silverfish wrote:I was always against any ideas making something more powerful coz it destroys games in long perspective - this time I'll be more easy :)

Make inv bigger / add better food - or this is just for stop bigger players

That's not stop us, it's just very annoying when I don't need drinking Raw Egg Yolks and have a full inv of food. It's like a waste of carry weight, cos I'm able to carry more. So more slots will be the best idea :)

xsarfax wrote:2) This could greatly decrese amount of silver on Serwer. I mean, everyone glutton, everyone want have bigger biles, so ppl will spend theys silver from storages and after that they will work harder to get silver for glutoning ¦] ¦] Just this is missing in Salem - way to spend silver by NPC

Not sure about it, there is still many players which "don't know how to gluttoni" or don't doing it often :roll:
gorniksam

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 30, 2016 11:28 am

many players not live near darkenbear :D
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Mon May 30, 2016 11:36 am

Nsuidara wrote:many players not live near darkenbear :D

Who cares, if you are not able to kill dbear you should hunt just on bears and build a base in deep darkness isn't hard.
If you wanna gluttoni much you can do it without dbears, I'm not sure what you mean nsu
gorniksam

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 30, 2016 12:34 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:many players not live near darkenbear :D

Who cares, if you are not able to kill dbear you should hunt just on bears and build a base in deep darkness isn't hard.
If you wanna gluttoni much you can do it without dbears, I'm not sure what you mean nsu

mean? for
gorniksam wrote:Not sure about it, there is still many players which "don't know how to gluttoni" or don't doing it often :roll:

no many care glutton... because no many play in darknesss and live near darkenbear, so many people not hunt,
so no need height biles and is easy lose character :F because exsist gorniksam-slime and other slime-player in salem :F
Nsuidara
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations