Starvation and drowning.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Starvation and drowning.

Postby linkfanpc » Fri May 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Hunger: Speaks for itself. All survival games should have hunger. It makes no sense a character can stand around for years without ever getting hungry.

Drowning: You should slowly lose Blood when your Phlegm goes to 0 from swimming. When Blood hits 0 you get KO'd normally but instead of teleporting to your homestead after half-a-minute, you perma-die. Other people can lift you when KO'd from no blood, and get you ashore, but while carrying someone your Phlegm is lost twice as fast as normal.
Last edited by linkfanpc on Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude:
O/
/|
/ \
linkfanpc

Re: Starvation?

Postby Reviresco » Fri May 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Can we still teleport?

I mean, if you want to go the realism route, it seems you would also have to rebalance the caloric values of almost every food.

One 0% purity Adventurer's Trailmix could provide me enough energy to mine out 175 boulders (on L1, wearing my mining suit), whereas a venison steak wouldn't give me enough to mine 4.
Reviresco

Postby xsarfax » Fri May 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Its not DayZ. Dont make hunger lol
xsarfax

Postby Thor » Fri May 20, 2016 9:33 pm

It's a video game after all. There is no need to make this a real-life simulation. There are a few games for that already.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Taipion » Fri May 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Madness.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Re: Starvation and drowning.

Postby barumung » Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 pm

The difference with other games is that here you use body resources to make things(phglem, yellow bile, black bile, etc) but in other games that's not been taking into account, that's why they make starvation a thing, so you don't keep doing stuff 24/7 and take a time to gather food. In salem if you dont eat or use any recovery item you simply won't be able to perform any action so it's basically the same.
barumung

Postby Dallane » Fri May 20, 2016 10:21 pm

linkfanpc wrote:Hunger: Speaks for itself. All survival games should have hunger. It makes no sense a character can stand around for years without ever getting hungry.

Drowning: You should slowly lose Blood when your Phlegm goes to 0 from swimming. When Blood hits 0 you get KO'd normally but instead of teleporting to your homestead after half-a-minute, you perma-die. Other people can lift you when KO'd from no blood, and get you ashore, but while carrying someone your Phlegm is lost twice as fast as normal.

I think hunger will come if he changes the glutton system to something else. Currently there isn't any need to eat food outside of regen. You aren't really doing anything but adding a AFK check of sorts with hunger atm. If you were to get something from eating like biles then this could be a nice thing to add in.

I'm a huge fan of drowning pemadeath thanks to haven. The fear of swimming was real.

I also wish that you didn't get sent home from a KO. I would love to see that you just stand back up after recovering.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby linkfanpc » Fri May 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Dallane wrote:
I think hunger will come if he changes the glutton system to something else. Currently there isn't any need to eat food outside of regen. You aren't really doing anything but adding a AFK check of sorts with hunger atm. If you were to get something from eating like biles then this could be a nice thing to add in.

Yep, probably.

Dallane wrote: I'm a huge fan of drowning pemadeath thanks to haven. The fear of swimming was real.

Yeah! Same! :lol:

Dallane wrote: I also wish that you didn't get sent home from a KO. I would love to see that you just stand back up after recovering.

Totally yes! TPing back makes no sense. :roll:
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude:
O/
/|
/ \
linkfanpc

Postby Taipion » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Game mechanic that slowly kills your character if you don't do anything...

...Madness, anyone?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby DarkNacht » Fri May 20, 2016 11:55 pm

JC seems uninterested in adding things like starvation and dehydration to the current system, so at least for now, you just have to move your pilgrim to the darkness and refuse to build a church to simulate hunger.
DarkNacht

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations