Craftsmen's uniq prefix

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Craftsmen's uniq prefix

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am

painhertz wrote:"I hate this. This means that the city I am successfully hiding from strangers could be blabbed out by an all-knowing computer gossip."

Both forums and skype say Hi!

Those have content created by real people. We don't need ai to generate gossip. It is an already abundant resource.
Onionfighter

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah I'm in agreement. The ability to use a town crier to START the rumour mill is cool but having it generate rumours based on developed areas of land for example just doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Also of course as previously stated, the unique craftables is a delightful idea. Although I'm sure most of us have seen the idea a couple of times already somewhere before.

:P
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm

I like the idea of having a creator's name stamped on a craft item, but the whole of the game runs along lines of staying anonymous. How are you going to do this within the rules of the game?

I like the idea of reporting "news" to the town crier. Towns are the one thing with public names.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Onionfighter wrote:
painhertz wrote:"I hate this. This means that the city I am successfully hiding from strangers could be blabbed out by an all-knowing computer gossip."

Both forums and skype say Hi!

Those have content created by real people. We don't need ai to generate gossip. It is an already abundant resource.

yes, the gossip should all be told by players and then repeated by the npcs, not ai generated.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby milonti » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:26 pm

It will have to be somehow pre-generated rumors though. If you leave the rumors as completely customizable, it wont be long before all the town criers are yelling "*****"
milonti

Postby sabinati » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

well i guess there would be preset types with some requirements. the interface could be more of a selection of options than direct text entry. not that it wouldn't be amusing the other way.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Computer generated rumours about top killers with randomly assigned names and titles ("I heard One-Eyed Stinky Joe has killed 13 Pilgrims!") would be hilarious. It would give players an option to claim the notority if they figured out what the computer generated name for them was, but the criers would also announce if/when they were killed.

Would be neat and atmospheric :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 am

Sevenless wrote:Computer generated rumours about top killers with randomly assigned names and titles ("I heard One-Eyed Stinky Joe has killed 13 Pilgrims!") would be hilarious. It would give players an option to claim the notority if they figured out what the computer generated name for them was, but the criers would also announce if/when they were killed.

Would be neat and atmospheric :)

Yeah that would be pretty nice
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations