Craftsmen's uniq prefix

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Craftsmen's uniq prefix

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

After craftsmen reaches some good level of craft skill he could 'sign' his crafts by his own name, so every other player will know who made this item. Also you can add some rumors to boston's NPC (rumors is a good idea itself btw :)). For example with a random chance they could say smth like 'I heard that %nickname% crafted masterpiece some days ago'. It hasn't got any practical use, but i think every one (crafter or warrior) wants to be talked about :)
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Re: Craftsmen's uniq prefix

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:02 pm

rumours sounds like fun, especially after those boston criers are no use when you get settling.
not sure about this uniq prefix for armours technical-wise, but the rumour could be something like "i hear there is a big town called "xxx" somewhere north" or "some say that this player XXX is a notorious murderer, he has killed ## people!"
let players pay a small amount of silver to let criers spread rumours!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby sabinati » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I like both of these ideas
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Alxe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Letting people denounce people to the criers for a set amount of silver is a very good idea in my opinion.
Also like the idea of craftsmen prefixes, but instead of prefixes, should be descriptions? Like some items that have descriptions. Of course, this would hit harder on the Database (different entities instead of one ID-based?)
Alxe

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Alxe wrote: Of course, this would hit harder on the Database (different entities instead of one ID-based?)

I think they are already 'different entities', because in hnh it was so.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:the rumour could be something like "i hear there is a big town called "xxx" somewhere north" or "some say that this player XXX is a notorious murderer, he has killed ## people!"

I hate this. This means that the city I am successfully hiding from strangers could be blabbed out by an all-knowing computer gossip.
Or somehow all those bodies I carefully hid in my flower beds are revealed through no fault of my own.

Essentially, this removes a level of secrecy, just so some npc's have something they can yell out to people. Now, if the npcs could be paid something to yell out your propaganda, that is another thing.

APXEOLOG wrote:i think every one (crafter or warrior) wants to be talked about :)

Not true. There is a lot of stuff I do in-game that I like to keep secret. When people talk about the act, I know they are talking about me, but I don't need others to know that it was me.

I love the idea of items getting signed. Also, of items having histories that can affect their qualities. I guess tools will first need to have qualities that can be affected.
Onionfighter

Postby painhertz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

"I hate this. This means that the city I am successfully hiding from strangers could be blabbed out by an all-knowing computer gossip."

Both forums and skype say Hi!
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Letar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

Nice ideas. Couldn't the rumours be false as well sometimes? I dunno how the secrecy matters, as if someone finds your village or whatever, couldn't (s)he yell around at the forums/IRC anyhow...
Letar

Postby painhertz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 am

Letar wrote:Nice ideas. Couldn't the rumours be false as well sometimes? I dunno how the secrecy matters, as if someone finds your village or whatever, couldn't (s)he yell around at the forums/IRC anyhow...

that' what i just said in so many words. Sarcasm man, sarcasm.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

Onionfighter wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:the rumour could be something like "i hear there is a big town called "xxx" somewhere north" or "some say that this player XXX is a notorious murderer, he has killed ## people!"

I hate this. This means that the city I am successfully hiding from strangers could be blabbed out by an all-knowing computer gossip.
Or somehow all those bodies I carefully hid in my flower beds are revealed through no fault of my own.

Essentially, this removes a level of secrecy, just so some npc's have something they can yell out to people. Now, if the npcs could be paid something to yell out your propaganda, that is another thing.

it doesnt have to give the true name, like a real rumour, it could give a random anagram as its name, or even no name. itll be probably up to how the system can work with it. the lines i wrote are just examples.
but honestly, if there is an outstanding big town, people do talk about it on the forums or IRC. if there is a famous pker, people do talk about him/her.

i think witch hunting is all about rumours and consipiracy, it would be fun if devs could sometimes throw in something along the line of "jorb saw a girl dancing in a wood" (e.g. to hint people there may exist a witch) or just a very boring nonsense line for confusions.
not sure if it actually works, but if people love false info too, bribing criers to spread rumours (no matter truth or not) or to stop them talking of one rumour seems like fun too. (as another silver sink, it better be real expensive. the rumour lines should be checked carefully though, maybe devs could decide what to let the criers say.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations