Reset button--is it really necessary?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Reset button--is it really necessary?

Postby Vigilance » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 am

kabuto202 wrote:I lost over 2K CnD because I misclicked the reset button, I am not pleased.

Cry less. :) You don't ever make those mistakes if you actually pay attention.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby five9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 pm

loftar wrote:If you were to drag all the way down to 0% using choppings, and then study something else to make it go back up, further wood choppings would go on from there, not directly down to 0 again. If it were tracked strictly by type in that way, I would've put the learning ability in the tooltip instead of the character sheet.

loftar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:So if I study 10 wood choppings and then study a stray chestnut, which would set it back to base values, I can then study another wood chopping at 100%?

Well, since the consumption of the chestnut immediately decreases the learning ability again after it has been consumed, you would be study that other wood chopping at 70%, but apart from that, yes.

I wish this would be looked into more,

the way Loftar worded that, we should be able to alternate studying things with gains starting at 70% and diminishing

ie: choppings down to 0% (or w/e), study a chestnut, get reset to 70%, study a chopping again and gain 70% from it

-learning ability % in the window, only tracks the last item studied,

diminishing returns are still applied to anything else previously used.
choppings studied to 1%, then anything else, and it resets to 70%..then a chopping again...still nets 1%
(until reset button is clicked or a skill is bought)

(not sure where to repost this , is it a bug, or misunderstanding)
five9

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Actually, the way it is explained, if you study a chestnut, then a rock maraca, then a chestnut, etc., then it's all at 100%. The LA will always be reported as 70% because you just added an Inspirational. The only time it will report 100% is after you buy a skill or increase a proficiency.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Actually, the way it is explained, if you study a chestnut, then a rock maraca, then a chestnut, etc., then it's all at 100%. The LA will always be reported as 70% because you just added an Inspirational. The only time it will report 100% is after you buy a skill or increase a proficiency.

Then... It's a bug that it shows 70%?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby five9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 pm

so...

Edited: to get multiple 70% gains using identical items ...

IE: to raise mines and mountains - by studying multiple smooth stones

i can study one at 100%, study a chopping , study a stone ay 70%, study a wood cross, study a smooth stone at 70%, study something new ... see the pattern?, a smooth stone at 70% , something not studied before..etc,, etc.....

but definitely cannot alter the same 2 items to get it

:) I hope that makes sense

I edited out my prior confusion... because loftar is correct,,
(there is no misunderstanding or possible bug)
.... there just happens to be more in the sequence of things past where he commented, (the 1st chestnut in the example)
which lead to a false assumption (that we could alternate two items and still get insane bonus without having to work for it )

thanks to everyone we've figured it out :)
Last edited by five9 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
five9

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:02 pm

five9 wrote:choppings studied to 1%, then anything else, and it resets to 70%..then a chopping again...still nets 1%

As far as I can tell, this is not the case. I just tried it.
loftar

Postby five9 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:50 pm

loftar wrote:
five9 wrote:choppings studied to 1%, then anything else, and it resets to 70%..then a chopping again...still nets 1%

As far as I can tell, this is not the case. I just tried it.

thanks
five9

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations