Reset button--is it really necessary?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Reset button--is it really necessary?

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:08 am

Not sure I like it. At least, not where it is. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally clicked that instead of "Buy". Maybe move it farther over to the side so it's not as easy to click. Shrink it a bit more, too, and enlarge the Buy button. I can see using it if I just accidentally studied a curio and wanted to save BBile (say in combat or such).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Reset button--is it really necessary?

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 am

It might also be necessary if you accidentally your learning ability.
loftar

Postby Stonefac3 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

yeah with a little testing with wood choppings, I managed to get my learning ability to 0%, reset is very useful in this case.
Stonefac3

Postby Zou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I thought it went back to 100 if you put in a new item? And then back to 0 if you used wood chopping again.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:01 am

Zou wrote:I thought it went back to 100 if you put in a new item? And then back to 0 if you used wood chopping again.

It does.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:54 am

MagicManICT wrote:It does.

It does not, actually. :)

If you were to drag all the way down to 0% using choppings, and then study something else to make it go back up, further wood choppings would go on from there, not directly down to 0 again. If it were tracked strictly by type in that way, I would've put the learning ability in the tooltip instead of the character sheet.
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:06 am

Good to know. One less thing to test out, anyway. :) Thanks.

So if I study 10 wood choppings and then study a stray chestnut, which would set it back to base values, I can then study another wood chopping at 100%?
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 am

MagicManICT wrote:So if I study 10 wood choppings and then study a stray chestnut, which would set it back to base values, I can then study another wood chopping at 100%?

Well, since the consumption of the chestnut immediately decreases the learning ability again after it has been consumed, you would be study that other wood chopping at 70%, but apart from that, yes.
loftar

Postby five9 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm

loftar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:So if I study 10 wood choppings and then study a stray chestnut, which would set it back to base values, I can then study another wood chopping at 100%?

Well, since the consumption of the chestnut immediately decreases the learning ability again after it has been consumed, you would be study that other wood chopping at 70%, but apart from that, yes.

nice... but its currently not working that way
Last edited by five9 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
five9

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:37 pm

I lost over 2K CnD because I misclicked the reset button, I am not pleased.
kabuto202

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations