Stocking Counter

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Stocking Counter

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 pm

I admit that 24 hours is a bit long indeed, its not so much about the exact time, rather some time for the people to have a proper sleep without dying.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Nimmeth wrote:
Dallane wrote:lol retarded learn how the server works

Please don't troll in Ideas & Innovations - Server Crashes is not something one can learn.

please only speak for yourself ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Nimmeth wrote:
Dallane wrote:lol retarded learn how the server works

Please don't troll in Ideas & Innovations - Server Crashes is not something one can learn.

But to go back on topic.
24 hours seems a bit long, 8 hours would be more fitting. afterall there's most likely a reason why a person is in the stock

Zero rules about trolling Ideas and i'm not trolling. Servers Crashes are 100% something you can learn.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nimmeth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Dallane wrote:Zero rules about trolling Ideas and i'm not trolling. Servers Crashes are 100% something you can learn.

yea. you're correct about that there is no rules about trolling in here.
and yes. we all know how to crash the server, and did for a while before someone thought they "discovered" it.

but we are talking about the event that someone _ELSE_ than the one getting stocked, crashes the server and then places another in the stocks.
then that guy who are in the stocks has no chance to know it.

you can learn how to crash a server.

But there is no such thing as Server crashes is 100% something you learn. even if you insist on it.
You can monitor the Server status Load on servers. that's the only thing that can indicate it might go.
but if some random electrician cuts out the main power in the data server. then dallane will still know because " Servers Crashes are 100% something you can learn." :lol: :lol: :lol:

and tbh.
crashing server should not be a part of the game as it is now. kinda getting out of hand imho.
Last edited by Nimmeth on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Nimmeth wrote:
Dallane wrote:Zero rules about trolling Ideas and i'm not trolling. Servers Crashes are 100% something you can learn.

yea. you're correct about that there is no rules about trolling in here.
and yes. we all know how to crash the server, and did for a while before someone thought they "discovered" it.

but we are talking about the event that someone _ELSE_ than the one getting stocked, crashes the server and then places another in the stocks.
then that guy who are in the stocks has no chance to know it.

you can learn how to crash a server.

But there is no such thing as Server crashes is 100% something you learn. even if you insist on it.
You can monitor the Server status Load on servers. that's the only thing that can indicate it might go.
but if some random electrician cuts out the main power in the data server. then dallane will still know because " Servers Crashes are 100% something you can learn." :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is more to learn then how to crash a server as in what happens when the server crashes which is what im talking about.

If someone cut the power then yes I would know why my server is down. Learn to admin and english while you are at it.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nimmeth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:19 pm

and you need some basic knowledge in servers aswell ;)
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Nimmeth wrote:and you need some basic knowledge in servers aswell ;)

or i look at my monitoring tools to see that my UPS kicked on along with the many other alarms that would be set off. Have you ever worked in IT?

Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:04 am

A server crash should force log off anyone who is online so that most people will not have to worry about dying to a blood moon after a server crash as they can just wait a couple days for the bloodmoon to end if they are very worried about what their state will be when they log back on. The force log is already incentive to exploit known crashing bugs for one's own benefit and I really don't think purposefully adding yet another benefit to crashing the server is a good idea. Those who might be stocked should be prepared to weather that, blood moon or not.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Judaism » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:16 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Those who might be stocked should be prepared to weather that, blood moon or not.

I can 100% kill any criminal who received the two ticks from the bloodmoon, even more easily if he/she already was logged in for a couple hours (which is the standard), thats all within the 2 hours you can buy yourself out. So still not a big problem, yes it certainly is by knowning that. Once again, none of you take enough things in consideration and therefore cannot possibly share my concern.

So no, don't tell me that you can prepare yourself properly, because you cannot. Stocks should not be more easy than throwing a tbc at any stage, even when its a bloodmoon IMHO.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:28 am

What? You're not making a lot of sense.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations