Black skills tree...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Black skills tree...

Postby Darwoth » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 am

to elaborate on why this is so stupid let us examine what is required at an absolute minimum for a warrior character.....

cloak and dagger
faith and wisdom
fronts and wilds
law and lore
mines and mountains (at least 30)

and a minimum of 100 to all humors or else your just going to get **** on.

this does not even let the character perform basic tasks like repairing stone walls etc.

and it just so happens those 5 skills are some of the harder to raise ones as well, in fact making a warrior is already far more expensive and time consuming than a character that has all skills except for black tree skills and such a character does not need more than 50 or 60 to his stats to be perfectly fine for hunting bears and doing whatever.

"glurp glurp it takes 75 stocks and cults to get horticulture and only 60 cloak to get murder man!"

yeah, and you get inspirationals like this for free 1 in 5 or so fields making stocks 10x easier to raise than cloak, have the ability to grow entire fields of pumpkin inspirationals at a whopping cost of 5 humus, gardens of sunflowers and so on all of high purity without spending a load of coal, chipping lime and a metal bar (or more) on each point as those using lockets do.

lockets do not need nerfed, black skills do not need to be made more expensive, what needs to happen is you crybabies just need to get competent.
Darwoth

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 am

Darwoth wrote:what needs to happen is you crybabies just need to get competent.

Or move to the darkness.

All jokes aside, I pretty much agree with Darwoth on leveling characters...although once you do get set up appropriately raising humours is extremely easy as well. It takes me longer obtain the black skills than for me to eat enough food to be competent in battle.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Potjeh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 am

I didn't have much problems getting murder without a single locket. So yeah, I think we could do without them because they're way too broken. It shouldn't be possible to get any high end skills (let alone murder) without a variety of inspirationals, as this is just an invitation for botting.
Potjeh

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 am

Darwoth wrote:
lockets do not need nerfed, black skills do not need to be made more expensive, what needs to happen is you crybabies just need to get competent.

From wiki locket 0% purity:
3270 Arts & Crafts icon.png Arts & Crafts
2401 Cloak & Dagger icon.png Cloak & Dagger
1533 Faith & Wisdom icon.png Faith & Wisdom
4599 Mines & Mountains icon.png Mines & Mountains
3577 Sparks & Embers icon.png Sparks & Embers
1073 Sugar & Spice icon.png Sugar & Spice
613 Perennial Philosophy icon.png Perennial Philosophy

as for 7 multi:
22890 Arts & Crafts icon.png Arts & Crafts
16807 Cloak & Dagger icon.png Cloak & Dagger
10731 Faith & Wisdom icon.png Faith & Wisdom
32193 Mines & Mountains icon.png Mines & Mountains
25039 Sparks & Embers icon.png Sparks & Embers
7511 Sugar & Spice icon.png Sugar & Spice
4291 Perennial Philosophy icon.png Perennial Philosophy

Yea do not nerf.

EDIT: You showed your competence building leanto 4 tile from walls, so please don't try to use that argument.
darnokpl

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Darwoth wrote:to elaborate on why this is so stupid let us examine what is required at an absolute minimum for a warrior character.....

cloak and dagger
faith and wisdom
fronts and wilds
law and lore
mines and mountains (at least 30)

and a minimum of 100 to all humors or else your just going to get **** on.

this does not even let the character perform basic tasks like repairing stone walls etc.

and it just so happens those 5 skills are some of the harder to raise ones as well ...

There is nothing hard in Salem, I find it's very, very easy. I'm a hermit, living alone, without any help from a village or anyone else - and it was a stroll in the park. Heck, I had most skills just through running around in the forest before I decided on a permanent settlement and now that I have all skills (apart from Ascent to the Summit because I don't care about it) I could spend my time just raising crops, gobbling food for humours and building wall after wall after wall around my little place. Nothing left to do ...
Steve

Postby Vroid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 am

Steve wrote:Nothing left to do ...

Be patient, it's still a beta, new stuff and abilities will start coming after a while. First we should discover and enjoy most of the basic mechanics abusing, a pre-reliase sandbox is a bug sandbox: see what others do, try something yourself, and if you succeed don't forget to share that on forum, just to see what would happen if everybody will start doing it :D
The only thing that is sad for me so far is that, unlike h&h, salem has maximum quality cap. Perfection should have no limits, lots of people having absolutely best is quite boring endeed.
Vroid

Postby Dallane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 am

plenty to do if you join a group
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kaol » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am

You have to set your own goals.

As for black skills i'm not sure really.

Would making black skills harder to get really make the game more fun?

Lovers lockets arnt too hard to mass produce.

Perhaps when the game is further into beta the requirements for murder will increase.

Maybe there will be other skills in between.

I do sort of like the idea of killers being rare.
Kaol

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations