SNAKES!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

SNAKES!

Postby robo19 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Are overpowered and nearly game breaking!

How am I the only one seeing this?
1. Snakes auto-aggro which pairs so well with the "invisible" client bug!
2. Poison costs WAYYYYYY too much, 250 silver is extremely expensive!!!! No logical person would pay 250s unless they are very high leveled stats where it takes 5+ singling logs to max a stat!
3. Snakes are EVERYWHERE!!!!! Considering how overpowered I'd expect these in the darkness; or at the very least as common as a bear! I'd say they are currently more popular than Deer!
4. Faster than walking!!!!!! (If im running away! clearly I cant win so why top it with inevitable death?!)

4 strikes!!!!!
Something needs to be done here!

Furthermore the combat system is crap in regard to peaceful-play! If I am attacked, I am considered in combat?! That is a load of bullS**T!!!!
If I attack something, sure then I AM in combat, but I get "targeted" it considers me in combat?! Again BULLS**T!!!! (Stats don't replenish in combat making escape even less likely assuming your not poisoned)

You mind as well call them grim-reapers and the poison is a "time bomb"!!!!!!

Suggested Changes: One or more of these!
1. Snakes less common!! (Rare as Bears or as restricted as beavers); there should be 1 snake under 1 in 10 logs, not 70% chance of snake.
2. NO POISON!!!!!! (Or limit poison to a timed duration, maybe 10 seconds)
3. Poison cost - Reduce cost to no more than 50s! Even that is fairly high
4. Slow Snakes to be "as fast" as walking.
5. No auto-aggro! That is for darkness and bears!
robo19

Re: SNAKES!

Postby ericbomb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Don't you have enders client? They are easily avoidable. Also they can't climb, just hop up a few ledges and loose it.

And if snakes that sometimes aggro annoy you just wait until raiders show up that will aggro from halfway across the map and will kill you :)
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby robo19 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 pm

well Im just saying the game is bring run into the ground!
Of all the chances made over the wipe majority of them are negative.

The "learning ability" limiter has made a "grind-ful" game even more of a grind (just means you have to get that many MORE of the item you need)

Snakes = Grim-reapers

The only changes I really feel made the game easier:

Easy lean-to build (this is great! people use them as checkpoints which is kinda bad as they are going to be built randomly all over the world but overall I'd say it out ways the negatives)

Buying Silver - Some people think this breaks the economy however I feel this is perfect to DRIVE the economy as people with silver will buy little things they are too lazy to gather like hay where as if your "poor" you wouldn't buy hay; the more silver in the community the more ACTIVE the economy will be.

** There is one problem dead-end problem Salem will face...That is the incorporation of purity.**
To be fair the game SHOULD wipe however this is unfair to those who bought silver!
Chances are as a company they would just incorporate purity without the wipe meaning the unlucky would will have to relocate their claims and the lucky will live near high-purity plots.

Also if what you say is true and these "raider" npcs aggro and kill (outside of the darkness) then this is definitely break the game for NEW players and sentence the game to extinction over a short period of time.
Without new players the game WILL die; this is a fact.
robo19

Postby ericbomb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 pm

not npc raiders, real player raiders. They use alts to hunt down a camp and then roll in, steal everything, kill your character, and walk away laughing.

And it's not that hard to avoid snakes, use your radar and be careful. I wander around all the time and have only been killed once (that was because of a client crash though, and it's beta so kind of expected.)

ericbomb

Postby JeffGV » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I find snakes quite easy to avoid. And once you've got some yellow bile, and maybe a sabre, you can simply time your attack so that they die from a thrust before they can even touch you.
and you can outrun them even while "wandering".
So, i don't see any problem with them.
JeffGV

Postby sabinati » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 pm

in a game with both permadeath and open pvp, snakes knocking you out is pretty low on the list of things to complain about, and they are pretty easily avoidable.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby robo19 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

your speaking from a stand point of an experienced player; im saying snakes should NOT be so common for the sake of NEW players with 10 and under humors.
robo19

Postby ericbomb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 pm

I have under 10 humors, I avoid them or climb up a cliff. Or heck get them to attack a bunny.

ericbomb

Postby Bluestone » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm

My thoughts on the points are in red:

robo19 wrote:Are overpowered and nearly game breaking!

How am I the only one seeing this?
1. Snakes auto-aggro which pairs so well with the "invisible" client bug! - The bug sucks but it's no reason to nerf a game feature.
2. Poison costs WAYYYYYY too much, 250 silver is extremely expensive!!!! No logical person would pay 250s unless they are very high leveled stats where it takes 5+ singling logs to max a stat! -Me and my wife are still really nooby at this game yet we find enough feathers and arrows to make savage charms and have enough silver to buy serum. Just takes the effort to find the arrows and feathers.
3. Snakes are EVERYWHERE!!!!! Considering how overpowered I'd expect these in the darkness; or at the very least as common as a bear! I'd say they are currently more popular than Deer!They doo seem to be really common, this one I agree with, perhaps reduce their spawn just a little bit at least.
4. Faster than walking!!!!!! (If im running away! clearly I cant win so why top it with inevitable death?!)if you keep moving they can't hit you. Then when you get near a cliff they can't climb turn on run to get a good distance then climb up (or down), then just get out of range and you are home free.

4 strikes!!!!!
Something needs to be done here!

Furthermore the combat system is crap in regard to peaceful-play! If I am attacked, I am considered in combat?! That is a load of bullS**T!!!!
If I attack something, sure then I AM in combat, but I get "targeted" it considers me in combat?! Again BULLS**T!!!! (Stats don't replenish in combat making escape even less likely assuming your not poisoned)
All the more reason to be more careful.

You mind as well call them grim-reapers and the poison is a "time bomb"!!!!!!

Suggested Changes: One or more of these!
1. Snakes less common!! (Rare as Bears or as restricted as beavers); there should be 1 snake under 1 in 10 logs, not 70% chance of snake.- This is the only one I would personally support, the others are good challenging gameplay features IMO.
2. NO POISON!!!!!! (Or limit poison to a timed duration, maybe 10 seconds)
3. Poison cost - Reduce cost to no more than 50s! Even that is fairly high
4. Slow Snakes to be "as fast" as walking.
5. No auto-aggro! That is for darkness and bears!
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby staxjax » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 pm

robo19 wrote:** There is one problem dead-end problem Salem will face...That is the incorporation of purity.**
To be fair the game SHOULD wipe however this is unfair to those who bought silver!
Chances are as a company they would just incorporate purity without the wipe meaning the unlucky would will have to relocate their claims and the lucky will live near high-purity plots.

High quality goods will be made the same way they are right now: by hard working people. I'd imagine the devs will just try to implement procedures to make it easier and less time consuming, but I do hope they do not remove the hardcore grind aspect. Nobody will be required to move due to these new purity mechanics being implemented.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations