SNAKES!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: SNAKES!

Postby Onionfighter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 am

I think having a little danger makes the game more fun. In H&H, getting knocked out by an animal often meant death.
Onionfighter

Postby robo19 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:42 am

Poison cure should cost 25s or even 50s.

If I have 250s that is 1-2 days worth of work on strictly farming for silver (indians + foraging for buyers)!
Most of the time I need that silver for something WORTH buying.

If the serium worked like 10x before it was consumed then sure i'd say its fair.

Honestly I hate being rolled back due to something retarded like what happened to me just now! (Snake just outside my claim, aggros me, I run, I get caught on my storage box, snake gets 1 hit on me; POISONED! I now have to choose to waste my entire days worth of silver or get knocked out wasting maybe 30mins - 1 hour worth of inspirationals.

The choice is obvious.

Why bother having a dumb cure that NO ONE will buy?!
Only an idiot would buy it because logically it's over priced!

SNAKES are OVERPOWERED!!!!!
robo19

Postby Onionfighter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 am

Anti-venom does seem a bit expensive, though it does provide 10 uses. If might be better to have a single use anti-venom, for 50s.
Onionfighter

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 am

robo19 wrote:SNAKES are OVERPOWERED!!!!!

You get bitten, you lose two points, you move on, and you learn to kill them. I can sympathize with your inexperience, but it's not hard in the slightest if you have any idea what you are doing. :)
jorb

Postby ericbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:11 am

Here's a new idea, kill it without getting bit, sell anti venom, laugh as you turn the tables on the snake and help others get anti venom cheaper.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm

jorb wrote:

You get bitten, you lose two points, you move on, and you learn to kill them. I can sympathize with your inexperience, but it's not hard in the slightest if you have any idea what you are doing. :)

It's only two points? (Have yet to be poisoned...) What, exactly, is the issue, then? You can eat a milkweed root for that.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Letar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I seem to find myself constantly trying to outrun snakes with my lowbie character... At what stage (humours) should I try to defend and attack one?
Letar

Postby Alxe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:45 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
jorb wrote:

It's only two points? (Have yet to be poisoned...) What, exactly, is the issue, then? You can eat a milkweed root for that.

You get a debuff that constantly drains your phlegm until you get KO. If you get KO, you lose two random points worth of skills.
Alxe

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:29 pm

The key is that i don't want to kill snakes, because i will die from poison anyway (or spend much money). I agree that poison should have limited time / price of antidot should be reduced.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I agree that poison should have limited time / price of antidot should be reduced.

Yes please. Anything that debuffs you endlessly is a pain. Even if the upward limit is ridiculously high, some way to overcome it passively would be great.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations