A Thought on Clothing Bonuses

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

A Thought on Clothing Bonuses

Postby Vexlying » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 am

Greetings and Salutations Pilgrims,

Lets discuss a very important topic and my [sarcasm]highly sort after[/sarcasm] opinions on the matter.
The potential introduction of clothing attributes and the methods of thereby gaining those effects. This humble and unworthy minion has experienced some general thoughts on where/how these changes should be brought into effect. And now I shall bored all of you to death with a detailed explanation, be it both jumbled and semi-coherent.

Firstly clothing should have the potential to work in the favour of 2-3 of the different possible roles your minion can undertake. Within H&H it was simple to tell what the players role was simply by the clothing they were wearing. A ranger was obvious, as was a farmer out gathering resources. Introducing the ability to modify articles of clothing in different professions would allow the players larger diversities in clothing choice and a wider range of possible clothing combinations and effects. (allowing rangers to mask their profession :twisted: )
This proposal is to allow the purity AND the alchemical composition to determine what benefits each article of clothing receives. It also allows for both realism as people alter whatever clothing they are wearing for specific tasks; and to introduce a level of uncertainty when players encounter one and other.

So lets break this baby down. Each alchemical component is tied to a specific attribute aligned to a profession. The dominate alchemical component determines which attribute is in effect for that article of clothing. The purity of the article determines the strength of the attribute.

tl;dr
Clothing has/is:
- aligned to 1-3 professions depending on article of clothing
- 4 buffs/bonuses, each tied to a single alchemical component
- Highest alchemical component enables that specific bonus
- Purity determines effect/amount of buff/bonus
- OP is at work and bored. Please excuse the above rambling and ranting.

Now, you may either endorse or condemn the thought as you please.
Vexlying

Re: A Thought on Clothing Bonuses

Postby staxjax » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 am

I just want to see what the developers already have planned for equipment bonuses. They have stated on more than one occasion that they already have something already in the works. Good ideas though.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Re: A Thought on Clothing Bonuses

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 am

I liked slipper's idea of badges & stamps more, it had a more salem-like air to it. Don't feel like looking for it.
Ass_Kraken

Return to Ideas & Innovations