Braziers and Walls Purity

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Braziers and Walls Purity

Postby Maxeusz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 am

Walls and braziers are way too soft and they are easy to destroy by high-humours player so i've got idea to add quality do walls and braziers.

Soak for single segment of wall (stone hedge) is 15 (via wiki). So 15 is base amount of soak for 1.00p segment of wall. If we build this part of wall with high purity resources like dross we should be able to get higher purity of wall.
For example if we will use p10.0 dross and p1.00 granite we should be able to get average around p8.00 wall with soak 15x8=120 Soak. It will be hard to obtain but it will be worth to do too.

Braziers do average 3BB damage per second with p1.00. Like above, we should be able to raise theirs damage by using high purity iron bars. So if we will use p8.00 iron bars we will obtain brazier which do average 3x8=24BB damage per second. It will be great for players who don't spend all days to grind iron for endless amount of braziers on their homestead. They could buy iron for few high purity braziers instead.
Maxeusz

Re: Braziers and Walls Purity

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Unfortunately, this would only help the aggresive players even more...as they most likely have higher purity building materials than your average player.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Additionally, there have been statements from the devs about better walls at some point in the future. You'd have to go dig around on Paradox Plaza to find the source of the statements. Originally, I believe they were waiting on artwork, but recently there's just been a ton of backend server tasks that have had high priority.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Maxeusz wrote:...
Braziers do average 3BB damage per second with p1.00. Like above, we should be able to raise theirs damage by using high purity iron bars. So if we will use p8.00 iron bars we will obtain brazier which do average 3x8=24BB damage per second. It will be great for players who don't spend all days to grind iron for endless amount of braziers on their homestead. They could buy iron for few high purity braziers instead.

Love this idea :D
Don't forget about max damage done by many braziers it is ~10BB/s, so with high purity braziers it could be increased to 15-20BB/s
and those braziers should have more health and soak too.
darnokpl

Return to Ideas & Innovations