Bucket lost!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Bucket lost!

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Before reporting a bug, you need to make sure that what you're doing actually is a bug. Go to the Help! forums or IRC first and check. Often times what seems like a bug is working as intended. If it is, then anything that you want done differently is a feature request.

As far as the topic at hand, I do agree with you. Almost anything in shallow water should be recoverable, but it should have a VERY fast decay rate (to simulate being carried downstream by currents, etc). Wooden buckets tend to float, whether full or empty. The sealants and materials are all lighter than water (with the exception of the small nails used to hold it together, and then the wood tends to be buoyant enough to hold the whole thing up).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Arillious » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:12 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Before reporting a bug, you need to make sure that what you're doing actually is a bug. Go to the Help! forums or IRC first and check. Often times what seems like a bug is working as intended. If it is, then anything that you want done differently is a feature request.

As far as the topic at hand, I do agree with you. Almost anything in shallow water should be recoverable, but it should have a VERY fast decay rate (to simulate being carried downstream by currents, etc). Wooden buckets tend to float, whether full or empty. The sealants and materials are all lighter than water (with the exception of the small nails used to hold it together, and then the wood tends to be buoyant enough to hold the whole thing up).

Agreed, faster than normal decay rate but not instant. If put in deep water, then instant decay.
Arillious

Postby ramuller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Before reporting a bug, you need to make sure that what you're doing actually is a bug. Go to the Help! forums or IRC first and check. Often times what seems like a bug is working as intended. If it is, then anything that you want done differently is a feature request.

If this is the case, the bugtracker sticky post needs to be updated. I says this is the forum for discussing potential bugs to determine if they are indeed bugs or features.
Swordmage
ramuller

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations