Allow Wall Segments to be upgraded to Corner Posts

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Allow Wall Segments to be upgraded to Corner Posts

Postby Altoscholto » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 am

I think it would be very beneficial to be able to upgrade wall segments to corner posts, with of course a greater total resource cost (with wall segment cost plus the upgrade cost) than just building a corner post in the first place.

I think it would make things alot more athsetic with altering and adding walled in areas..

Also it would solve the issue mentioned before, and that my friend has, of not being able to place a gate due to miscounting the wall segments before the gap, and not having anywhere near enough humour to make a dent in a stone wall (without going down the route of making it easier to destroy your own walls and opening up villages to risks of spies being handed the power to easily let in raiders).

Thoughts?
Altoscholto

Re: Allow Wall Segments to be upgraded to Corner Posts

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 am

Probably should file this with the other wall suggestions... and there's a lot

Not a bad suggestion, but how do you distinguish who can do this and who can't? I don't think "claim owner" would be good enough.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby darnokpl » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

MagicManICT wrote:Probably should file this with the other wall suggestions... and there's a lot

Not a bad suggestion, but how do you distinguish who can do this and who can't? I don't think "claim owner" would be good enough.

Why not?
If you need to extend it over some alts or friends it would be nice to add this "ability" to characters with vandalism permission for claim.
darnokpl

Postby anfros » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

MagicManICT wrote:Probably should file this with the other wall suggestions... and there's a lot

Why not just make it so that if you can put a construction sign on a claim you can upgrade the wall?
anfros

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

Because anyone can put a construction sign on a claim. The question is if they can do it without "black skills" (theft, waste, etc). Do you really want just anyone coming along and changing your walls?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Ideas & Innovations