Re: Stalls of boston.

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Personally, I like option #4 the best.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby L33LEE » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm

After leaving this thread a few days to mature i decide to make another suggestion.

In game forum to make advertisements like which exist in Atlantica Online.

Basically you pay a small fee, and you can make a post which says what you are selling etc.

It goes in a list system, 1 main line of text is shown from each persons post in order in a little box, If the line someone see's intrests them, they can click on it to expand it to see the full message of what is being sold.

Someone like this would be ok, it allows players to stay anonymous, its more like a "global chat" i guess, but a fee is required to post.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Slayblaze » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:43 pm

I played Atlantica for a few weeks so I see what you mean, it's an interesting idea but it does have a "spammy" feel to it. It can also be abused quite easily unless constantly monitored by a full-time moderation staff on duty around the clock in every timezone. Somehow I don't see that happening, but it's not a terrible idea. Probably be better to just create actual chat channels with a global trade channel added.
______
Slayblaze

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Since this is the most recent thread on the subject, figure I'll follow up here instead of making a new one.

Here's the reason we need a regular marketplace in Boston instead of stalls or some other "easy to program" method (like any of it is 'easy'... :P )

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1451

The point I'm making is in trying to stay competitive with other sellers.

Of course, I can quite understand having a marketplace where people have to actually check prices. If that is truly the route that is desired, then something needs to be done so that everyone has access to the same tools. I'm not sure we've gotten a dev comment on that, though. All I can do here is make an assumption based on the mechanics implemented, but that could be a very wrong assumption given how limited it is.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations