Add more variation to the forest

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Add more variation to the forest

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:39 am

ZtyX wrote:
Dallane wrote:
ZtyX wrote:I registered my beta key more than a day ago and I've played like 15 hours straight now. 8 hours with a friend of mine. So I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on the game. Also, again I'd like to point out that again you're acting very unprofessionally not only in this thread, but also in the other. I would suggest you try and change your ways before a commercial launch of this product because otherwise a lot of customers are going to be upset with you. Accusing honest players, or being hostile towards them is very wrong when working in customer support. I don't know if you're having a bad day or if you're just clueless, but I don't really care. You should try and fit your role better.

you are totally clueless to what game you are playing.

See, now reading what you have to say I am more relaxed about. Actually, I don't even give 2 cents because I know that I've played and paid attention to the details in what I've experienced. Also, I have a lot of experience from other sandbox games and hardcore games in general.

It's very normal to have overly defensive fanboys defend their game.

Danella, fyi, I really enjoyed playing Salem today. I'm just pointing out some things that could make it better. The game's in beta, so I'm doing what I'm supposed to.

I'm not defending anything. You make 5 terrible idea threads of you crying about things you can fix yourself or things that have already been reported. You played for a day and think you have done it all. you are totally clueless.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chiprel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 am

Settling in place where you have only one biome is bad idea as you'll miss a lot of other inspirationals etc.
When you'll travel a bit try checking player made world map to see where you might be in the world and move somewhere where you'll have at least 2 biomes close(like forest and plains).
http://ad.lylay.com/hts/smap.html
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby thl111 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 pm

I suggest you try HnH out while playing Salem. The former is more complete and can give you some ideas about this type of game.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby Shiroberus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 pm

The land needs more trees IMO.
What can you expect
From filthy little heathens?
Their skins are hellish red
They're only good when dead
Shiroberus

Postby zeph2 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am

Ive traveled the world a lot.... I think its fine as is, other then maybe slightly more frequency in multiple biome occurrences.. There are parts of the world that have more trees/resources, and other parts which have less... Players just need to explore, and look @ your options.... An hour in game yet alone a week is not enough till you've at least explored and tested many different features......Every game I ever play I explore 8-) ... There are content/features which still have yet to be implemented which might change or might not change over time probably within scope of your findings like maybe wells, and what not.... <--- I don't want to go into this too much since I dont have the developers diary, but just was a quick optimistic point don't kill me lol..

My first hour in game right out of Boston, I left and went as far as I could in one direction, and explored as much as I could... When I reached as far as I possibly could, I took another direction... It took like 3 days of exploration before I finally decided on an area to temporarily settle.. I already knew it would be temporary due to the purity system with iron.. But never the less I found all resources in near proximity...

While so, he was just making an idea based on his level of perception... In this case lack of perception since he hasn't played much... Lets not put him on trial lol... An idea is just that an idea nothing more nothing less lol......
zeph2

Postby Arillious » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:09 pm

ZtyX wrote:I registered my beta key more than a day ago and I've played like 15 hours straight now. 8 hours with a friend of mine. So I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on the game. Also, again I'd like to point out that again you're acting very unprofessionally not only in this thread, but also in the other. I would suggest you try and change your ways before a commercial launch of this product because otherwise a lot of customers are going to be upset with you. Accusing honest players, or being hostile towards them is very wrong when working in customer support. I don't know if you're having a bad day or if you're just clueless, but I don't really care. You should try and fit your role better.

Unfortunately, a lot of the veteran players here love to dismiss ideas from newer players. In fact, it should be the newer players that they listen to the most, at least with the basics and first impressions. Newer players have a fresh outlook that is hard to reproduce with players that have been playing for a long time. Things that are obviously an issue or at least a usability issue to new players are overlooked by current players as they instinctively know how the game works. The whole point of a beta test is to get perspective of user's outside of the past test environment.

Not commenting on this thread in particular, go up and down every suggestion and you will see some jackass trying to shoot it down.
Arillious

Postby painhertz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Since the Devs have made it quite clear in multiple places that they need no suggestions and won;t use any suggested? it would be the people making suggestions who are the dumb asses....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 am

alot of rage in this thread :| I personally would not mind to have a lake or 2 just to change it up a bit,kinda how all thos rivers changed up H&H but for me it is not a big deal .
oneal420

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am

oneal420 wrote:alot of rage in this thread :| I personally would not mind to have a lake or 2 just to change it up a bit,kinda how all thos rivers changed up H&H but for me it is not a big deal .

There is always the option to move near one.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 am

that is true :D
oneal420

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations