Add Autorun for keyboar.. + other details.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Add Autorun for keyboar.. + other details.

Postby ZtyX » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 am

Add Autorun for keyboard. My hand hurts after long sessions.

I've been playing Salem pretty heavily and I really enjoyed it. .. but it brings the enjoyment down when I have to click and squeeze my mouse to get the accuracy I need to pick up items while moving.
I wrote another suggestion on increasing the radius of items when you press "pick" on them. However, I would also like an autorun feature for keys. It would be great to be able to set a direction and let the character run that way. Maybe double tap "W", "A", "S", or "D" and the character would autorun in that direction. Also, the pathing needs some work. My character moves in a ***** up way when I use the keyboard. And finally, the camera should be adjustable so I can keep it fixed on one corner. I dont like that it changes to whatever way Im running. Maybe some people like that, but I prefer it to be fixed. So please add that feature.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Re: Add Autorun for keyboar.. + other details.

Postby staxjax » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 am

Sounds to me like you just need to use a custom client until the default client lives up to your 'standards'. Please quit spamming this board with your complaints...You could make a 'player experience' thread with things you like and dislike in the City upon a Hill subforum.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby ZtyX » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 am

What the hell? A moderator writing that kind of nonsense?

I'm giving constructive criticism. You should be happy that I put in an effort and come on the forum and write down my feedback. I have been playing the entire day and I have some things I need to say to help the development of the game. This is a beta test.

And if you don't like multiple threads then you can merge them. You are mod. I just thought it would be useful to create separate threads as they are separate issues and some ideas might be overlooked if part of the topic is about something more controversial or interesting than another.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 am

ZtyX wrote:What the hell? A moderator writing that kind of nonsense?

I'm giving constructive criticism. You should be happy that I put in an effort and come on the forum and write down my feedback. I have been playing the entire day and I have some things I need to say to help the development of the game. This is a beta test.

And if you don't like multiple threads then you can merge them. You are mod. I just thought it would be useful to create separate threads as they are separate issues and some ideas might be overlooked if part of the topic is about something more controversial or interesting than another.

oh you played the entire day huh. you must know alot about the game.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 am

Well, these aren't really ideas...just complaints as far as I'm concerned. And, every one of them I've read on another thread somewhere else on multiple occasions.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 am

Gosh you guys are mean. =(
TeckXKnight

Postby alloin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

I suggest to use one of the custom clients:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50

They both have a 'free-view' cam. Makes it alot easier to wander around and find your way back.
The Salem dev's don't have any time for the official client atm, but it's on their list to update it soon (as requested by Paradox)

Mean mods here !! Are we scaring ppl away from the game or trying to keep the newbies ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Arillious » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:35 pm

staxjax wrote:Well, these aren't really ideas...just complaints as far as I'm concerned. And, every one of them I've read on another thread somewhere else on multiple occasions.

ZtyX wrote:Add Autorun for keyboard. My hand hurts after long sessions.

Also, the pathing needs some work. My character moves in a ***** up way when I use the keyboard.

And finally, the camera should be adjustable so I can keep it fixed on one corner. I dont like that it changes to whatever way Im running. Maybe some people like that, but I prefer it to be fixed.

Sounds like he is pointing out some things that could use some improvement AND some ideas on how to improve them to me.

I think you take players suggesting changes as an offense when you really should be thanking them for actually giving you their opinion.

I would point out that I have talked to many other people who had some of these same problems starting out(especially the camera auto adjusting).
Arillious

Postby darnokpl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Dallane wrote:oh you played the entire day huh. you must know alot about the game.

Now thx to you he knows this game a lot better.

staxjax wrote:Well, these aren't really ideas...just complaints as far as I'm concerned. And, every one of them I've read on another thread somewhere else on multiple occasions.

Complains are also valuable informations given from CUSTOMER to PRODUCER.

ZtyX wrote:Add Autorun for keyboard. My hand hurts after long sessions.
... Maybe double tap "W", "A", "S", or "D" and the character would autorun in that direction. ...

+1 from me... or shift+W|A|S|D to do same thing.
darnokpl

Return to Ideas & Innovations