Bigger radius for clicking "Pick" when harvesting

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Bigger radius for clicking "Pick" when harvesting

Postby sabinati » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm

ZtyX wrote:What custom clients?
... People who altered their game client to give them an unfair advantage in the game over others?

How is this allowed? ...
Any unofficial client should be automatically banned. ... And its a huge security risk to allow random clients to float about the internet. There could easily be hidden keyloggers in them.
There's a reason why Runescape was very strict about things like that.

Besides, a portion of the playerbase would always be suspicious and might not use even clean customized clients. This would result in them being penalized for being careful, while other more reckless players who take a risk on getting their account hacked could run around with boosted clients and enjoy the benefits.

Also, radar on the minimap?
.. Hmm, one of the things I like about Salem is how hardcore it is. Surely radar would have already been included if the creator of Salem envisioned it. .. right now we don't even have a compas. Besides, if the radar showed ungrouped players it would seriously break the fun for hardcore pkers who try to sneak up on their target.

hey, try to be less of an opinionated jackass on subjects you don't know about. thanks in advance.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby sabinati » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

thl111 wrote:Although I use and enjoy custom clients, OP has a good point. What I really want to see is J&L making a new official client that is superior to the 2 best custom ones atm and adding some sort of ban/code over the use of unofficial clients. HnH might get away with it but when Salem goes live, it could be problem.

what i really want to see is them finish the actual game in my lifetime
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 am

I think making it so you could use a ability, like "forage" from the adventure menu, it should auto-harvest 1 or more items in the general area, like 4 or so squares around the player, this would fix not being able to pick up small items and also would fix the bug where items spawn inside or right on the edge of hills making it so you can not harvest them.

Also maybe make it so it uses up more phlegm or something like that.
oneal420

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

oneal420 wrote:I think making it so you could use a ability, like "forage" from the adventure menu, it should auto-harvest 1 or more items in the general area, like 4 or so squares around the player, this would fix not being able to pick up small items and also would fix the bug where items spawn inside or right on the edge of hills making it so you can not harvest them.

I like this suggestion alot, more than anything.

Forage gives you a 2x2 tile radius around you were you can auto loot items, OR when your in range of thus item in your 2x2 area, the "pick" option instantly apears.

Wander could offer a 1x1 function or something.

would help alot when items are buried inside biome's.

using such forage / wander, gives you the ability to "pick" at a slight distance, with an auto popup of "pick" as you approach the item. amazing suggestion
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby milonti » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm

L33LEE wrote:
oneal420 wrote:I think making it so you could use a ability, like "forage" from the adventure menu, it should auto-harvest 1 or more items in the general area, like 4 or so squares around the player, this would fix not being able to pick up small items and also would fix the bug where items spawn inside or right on the edge of hills making it so you can not harvest them.

Forage gives you a 2x2 tile radius around you were you can auto loot items, OR when your in range of thus item in your 2x2 area, the "pick" option instantly apears.

using such forage / wander, gives you the ability to "pick" at a slight distance, with an auto popup of "pick" as you approach the item. amazing suggestion

Thats actually a terribly easy to bot idea. So its not a good solution at all.
milonti

Postby darnokpl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 pm

L33LEE wrote:

Forage gives you a 2x2 tile radius around you were you can auto loot items,...

Nooo :evil:

Diablo-like-alt-key function please.
Simply press ALT to view item label, click on label to pick up this item.
darnokpl

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm

i like this, but it wont fix how the items spawn in hills or besides them.

darnokpl wrote:
L33LEE wrote:

Forage gives you a 2x2 tile radius around you were you can auto loot items,...

Nooo :evil:

Diablo-like-alt-key function please.
Simply press ALT to view item label, click on label to pick up this item.
oneal420

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:31 pm

it could be used by a bot but, it would have to be a advanced bot with pathfinding around hills, trees and whatnot.unless they level a giant area, in which case,they could just use the enders client minimap feature. so its more of a advantage to players then boters imo

milonti wrote:
L33LEE wrote:

Thats actually a terribly easy to bot idea. So its not a good solution at all.
oneal420

Postby darnokpl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 pm

oneal420 wrote:i like this, but it wont fix how the items spawn in hills or besides them.

Hmm I think there should be some kind of cliff-collision-system for spawning items to solve that.
darnokpl

Postby oneal420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm

o that is true, if there is a new system for spawning in the works, this is a great idea.

darnokpl wrote:
oneal420 wrote:i like this, but it wont fix how the items spawn in hills or besides them.

Hmm I think there should be some kind of cliff-collision-system for spawning items to solve that.
oneal420

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations