Bigger radius for clicking "Pick" when harvesting

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Postby ZtyX » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 am

I think Salem would be more enjoyable if this was patched.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Re: Bigger radius for clicking "Pick" when harvesting

Postby staxjax » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 am

Hopefully, one day there will be a radar incorporated into the minimap. The custom clients already have this, and you can just right click the icons on the minimap to interact with them instead.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby ZtyX » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:26 am

What custom clients?
... People who altered their game client to give them an unfair advantage in the game over others?

How is this allowed? ...
Any unofficial client should be automatically banned. ... And its a huge security risk to allow random clients to float about the internet. There could easily be hidden keyloggers in them.
There's a reason why Runescape was very strict about things like that.

Besides, a portion of the playerbase would always be suspicious and might not use even clean customized clients. This would result in them being penalized for being careful, while other more reckless players who take a risk on getting their account hacked could run around with boosted clients and enjoy the benefits.

Also, radar on the minimap?
.. Hmm, one of the things I like about Salem is how hardcore it is. Surely radar would have already been included if the creator of Salem envisioned it. .. right now we don't even have a compas. Besides, if the radar showed ungrouped players it would seriously break the fun for hardcore pkers who try to sneak up on their target.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 am

ZtyX wrote:What custom clients?
... People who altered their game client to give them an unfair advantage in the game over others?

How is this allowed? ...
Any unofficial client should be automatically banned. ... And its a huge security risk to allow random clients to float about the internet. There could easily be hidden keyloggers in them.
There's a reason why Runescape was very strict about things like that.

Besides, a portion of the playerbase would always be suspicious and might not use even clean customized clients. This would result in them being penalized for being careful, while other more reckless players who take a risk on getting their account hacked could run around with boosted clients and enjoy the benefits.

Also, radar on the minimap?
.. Hmm, one of the things I like about Salem is how hardcore it is. Surely radar would have already been included if the creator of Salem envisioned it. .. right now we don't even have a compas. Besides, if the radar showed ungrouped players it would seriously break the fun for hardcore pkers who try to sneak up on their target.

Custom clients have been used for years now in these games and everyone but you apparently use them. Jorb and loftar allow custom clients
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:29 am

There is another subforum specifically for modding clients and creating tools. Check it out.

viewforum.php?f=11
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby painhertz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 am

Judging by this guys posting I'd bet you 3 to 1 he;s a regular poster/player who went and got a new code at Ten Ton hammer and is using this to start ****. you heard it here first.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:09 am

His point is valid though, the forageables are WAY too tiny, it's impossible to use default client. There should be a general foilage image, it's rather big, easy to click and see so radar isn't so op.
Ass_Kraken

Postby thl111 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Although I use and enjoy custom clients, OP has a good point. What I really want to see is J&L making a new official client that is superior to the 2 best custom ones atm and adding some sort of ban/code over the use of unofficial clients. HnH might get away with it but when Salem goes live, it could be problem.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Some of the foragebles are way too small. It's a complaint many of us have had since alpha opened up. Some of them are also extremely difficult to see without using said radar, oakworth being one. If I were to guess, many of the models and textures are still placeholders awaiting art asset production (no need to guess as it's clearly the case).

As far as using the custom clients, they're not much more help other than being able to spot them. Too often I run into a situation where one item is laying close enough to another it's difficult to click on either one.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

thl111 wrote:adding some sort of ban/code over the use of unofficial clients.

It really isn't possible, it's java and written very similar to H&H. There are always ways to get around it.
Ass_Kraken

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations