[Game] Capture alive animals.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

[Game] Capture alive animals.

Postby Alxe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:03 pm

So we can either sell them alive for a cash bonification or tame them (bunnies, any possible addition in the game).
Alxe

Re: [Game] Capture alive animals.

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

A little more flesh on the bones of this idea would be good.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Schro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:13 pm

I'd really like to see taming in Salem.
I know, jorb mentioned, that for now, they just want to sell cattle and stuff through the shop, but you know.. Its kinda cheap. Don't think the players will like it that way.

But the taming system should also be entertaining and not just entirely depend on stats and some sort of a fighting-system.
So how about you prepare a trap near an animal, like, you put food in it and wait. When it comes and eats the food you trigger the trap and you have it on a rope. After that, you try to avoid the animals attacks (like charging in your direction and you move out of the way) and when its out of fatigue you pet it. Repeat until success. Its similar to the haven system but much more active this way.
Schro

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Taming in HnH is a pain and too time consuming. It's also very limited. A player, even a town as a whole only uses it a few times and then never uses the skill again unless someone wipes out all their livestock in a raid. I say just avoid it all together and just sell the animals on the store. Cow Eggs FTW!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:26 pm

i dont remember how many times i tamed animals in haven... its annoying and time-consuming but fun for me, except for pigs :p

anyways, some animals should be bought from the Company as the history says, but there could be certain animals you could tame too, imo. cowboys need rodeo! bull-riding, team roping! yeeeee-how! (hmmm maybe colonists didnt do rodeo back then yet though.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Schro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm also was one of those who enjoyed it. But I'd rather change it to a more active version. And yes, you don't use that skill very often, but with the current system you have tons of skills and recipes you'll never use anyway.
Schro

Postby Alxe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Maybe, if not capturing, trapping? If animals ever got buffed, traps could be a very useful feature early game. Maybe have the AI run when they sense danger? I never saw a rabbit fighting back.

Maybe add a new movement type so you go slowly and may capture and kill rabbits instead of just... fighting them.

TL;DR: I liked how you captured and killed rabbits on HnH.
Alxe

Return to Ideas & Innovations