Dig near unliftable objects

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Dig near unliftable objects

Postby orionbeta » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 am

I realize that the feature may be intentional, for game mechanics and to make the player plan or think about things, however I was wondering if allowing the player to dig near an object that may not be lifted and moved e.g. (Stake Claim). This would be appreciated when you are attempting to level your claim, and initially forgot to level near that object. :oops: Just and idea.
orionbeta

Re: Dig near unliftable objects

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 am

Doubt it. The way the digging mechanics work, is you can't dig down the corners of a tile if there is an object/tree/building on the adjacent tile. Seems pretty solid the way it is working at the moment...not to mention hitboxes on objects are pretty big so you wouldnt even be able to get close enough to the tile you want to dig if there is an item on it.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Re: Dig near unliftable objects

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 am

Bit of a difference between permanent constructions (houses, claim post, walls) and unmovable objects like full chests. Some you can dig near and around, others you can't. I think there's a few factors it depends on.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Ideas & Innovations