rankings

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: rankings

Postby masau » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 am

I like the idea of keeping track of number dead in the week, average humours of the dead, ect that Chiprel suggested, but the stuff in the OP? I'd vote no (if my vote mattered).
masau

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 pm

I'd rather have the forums/"yellow press" giving an INaccurate view of who has good characters/what important towns are, &c&c ;).
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Chiprel wrote:...
Instead I would like Jorbtar to run some sort of script on serv database which would list:
This week X pilgrims died.
This week average humorous of fallen pilgrims were X/Y/Z/C *-for pilgrims with more than 50h playtime
This week highest humorous of fallen pilgrim were X/Y/Z/C
This week X newb pilgrims were killed *-players with at least one stat below 50% of average humorous (average humorous counted from players with at least 50h playtime)
This week X average pilgrims were killed *-players with all humorous between 50%-150% of average humorous (average humorous counted from players with at least 50h playtime)
This week X veterans died *-players with humorous above 150% of average ones (average humorous counted from players with at least 50h playtime)
^I'm assuming that server is holding info about dead chars just like hnh did. (in hnh you can access your account info and see current and dead char stats, when char was created/died etc).
Would be nice to have that info in our sexy Tumbleweed Courant to see how killing trend changes over time ¦]

I agree. I wouldn't like the suggestions from the original poster but Chiprel's suggestions here would be nice to have. Personally I have no idea where I stand (humour-wise) in comparison to other players and it would be nifty to have at least an indication of the humours of the general population.

I'm playing the game as hermit with a single character (I know, I know, it's not how this game should be played) and have really no idea whether my humours are horribly bad, reasonably okay or perhaps even good for a hermit.
Steve

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Steve wrote:(I know, I know, it's not how this game should be played)

Says who? This really doesn't have direct bearing on the OP, but indirectly, yeah, it could make some people a bit more bloodthirsty and hunting down new targets.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations