Getting out of boats when In Village property

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Getting out of boats when In Village property

Postby CosmosConqueror » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 pm

I just lost a boat because I stepped out of my boat and I apparently was in a village without me knowing.. And when I left my boat I got the text saying: Entering :villagename:

So, now my boat is just sitting there, waiting for the people who own the village to take it.
In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to leave your boat when in village property.
CosmosConqueror

Re: Getting out of boats when In Village property

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

CosmosConqueror wrote:I just lost a boat because I stepped out of my boat and I apparently was in a village without me knowing.. And when I left my boat I got the text saying: Entering :villagename:

So, now my boat is just sitting there, waiting for the people who own the village to take it.
In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to leave your boat when in village property.

yeah its hard to see the entering village message. Its also hard to see the massive red area you are standing in.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby CosmosConqueror » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah, its also hard to see the entering village message that for some reason didin't pop up until I left my boat. And its also hard to see a giant red area you are standing in when you don't have Display town claims on.
CosmosConqueror

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 pm

It can certainly be a very simple argument that you should know you're within the bounds of a village even over the water. I don't think it ever showed up in Haven when you crossed on water, either. That's the reason I always ran around with town claims showing.

edit: second point--I haven't really taken the opportunity to test out boats much. If your boat wasn't on land in Haven, you could still get back in it. Since it's a different game, the exact rules might be different, but some things might be the same and it wouldn't hurt to check this out.

Dallane, try to watch the sarcasm. Sometimes these things aren't obvious and we've always got new players here that don't know any better.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Ideas & Innovations