A noob is going to quit when.....

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: A noob is going to quit when.....

Postby Yes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Would be nice to have more system messages. Like:
"You crafted your first inspirational"
"You got diseased"
"You drink willow bark tonic. But nothing happens. Perhaps you need to drink some more of it."

Then you can make a text-only version of salem.
Or of course you could disable system messages if you are ***** HARDCORE LAD M8 and you don't want the ****** silver platters (you want golden ones).
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby trungdle » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:English is the most known language by more then one set of populace so it would be a huge waste of time to put in any other language, but that, if you put in one language then every ***** tard is going to want it in their language as well.

Make them do their own. Give them the form.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:36 pm

System messages would be nice for almost everything as it would help discern what the hell is going on in the first place. Not sure what you mean about the silver platter though; seems to not have anything to do with the idea.

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 pm

死 wrote:System messages would be nice for almost everything as it would help discern what the hell is going on in the first place. Not sure what you mean about the silver platter though; seems to not have anything to do with the idea.

Silver Platter - 2 Bar of Silver - Inspirational
no to be confused with Silver Spoon - 1 Bar Silver - Affluence Artifact
pistolshrimp

Postby » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:Silver Platter - 2 Bar of Silver - Inspirational
Not to be confused with Silver Spoon - 1 Bar Silver - Affluence Artifact

Great idea that needs to be implemented. Would help everyone.

Postby saffgee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Make noobs arrive at the docks or a closed off area rather than town centre (please for the love of god get rid of all those diseased bodies !), then have a tutorial guide "explain the ropes a little" - as well as handing over a map of providence (very basic, but major landmarks, npc's pointed out), maybe a few silver and some early suggestions of towns to join. Then noob can go on the forums and ask about said towns, or just carry on on his own. This area is closed off, so everyone in it is a noob - conversations will ensue.
saffgee
Customer

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:18 pm

A town full of dead bodies is an awesome way to introduce people to a permadeath game.
pistolshrimp

Postby trungdle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:19 pm

saffgee wrote:Make noobs arrive at the docks or a closed off area rather than town centre (please for the love of god get rid of all those diseased bodies !), then have a tutorial guide "explain the ropes a little" - as well as handing over a map of providence (very basic, but major landmarks, npc's pointed out), maybe a few silver and some early suggestions of towns to join. Then noob can go on the forums and ask about said towns, or just carry on on his own. This area is closed off, so everyone in it is a noob - conversations will ensue.

Goodpoint starting near the ship is great. I guess they will wreck the ship somewhere to get you started first before getting to the mainland. Maybe crash you into Darworth's island will help ¦] ?
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby pistolshrimp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 am

I believe the devs said they were going to stick the newbs in an age appropriate concentration camp.
pistolshrimp

Postby trungdle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I think at this point we all agree that the lack of activities in the beginning is what really drive the players away.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations