Tracking perpetrator(online)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Tracking perpetrator(online)

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Right now after picking up a clue we can a)track perp or b)his homestead.

a)Tracking homestead and summon killing offline players is not a problem.
b)Unfortunately when you track perpetrator there is one problem.. Lets say you track someone for 3 hours and finally you see him walking. Few seconds later he dissapears.
Problem is that most of criminals when they see that someone(or group of players) tracked them they will just logout or teleport to their homestead. Right now you have to wait for perp to be offline to be able to finish him off.(as most of criminal ******* don't want to fight anyone with some pvp experience).

I just want to see something stopping perp from logging out/teleporting away when he's succesfuly tracked.
a)I'm suggesting that when tracking guy enters rendering range of perp(criminal) they should get auto-aggro'ed.
b)Instead of being auto-aggro'ed we could get one more button on tracking window 'combat/lock-in combat' which would only work when perp and tracking guy are in render range(they can see each other).
I hope it won't be too hard to add in-game.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Re: Tracking perpetrator(online)

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Agreed, there should be a way to aggro from a distance, but not just for tracking. It seems too easy to be able to just log off when you see a white dot on your radar.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

While I agree with you I think that Jorbtar wants to make Salem a bit more casual friendly than hnh is. So no logout/teleport timer in Salem :(
But at least make it a bit harder for us/them criminals ;)
Chiprel

Postby Superiodity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Well the guy has the crime debuff which prevents his character from being logged out, so if you're fast enough you can get him without him logging out.
(There's also a third option of tracking the stolen item/object)
Superiodity

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Superiodity wrote:Well the guy has the crime debuff which prevents his character from being logged out, so if you're fast enough you can get him without him logging out.

I think you should reread my first post cause you are talking about something else ¦]

Perp won't have any debuff when you track him 15mins/1day/3days after he make crime.
Chiprel

Postby Superiodity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Chiprel wrote:
Superiodity wrote:Well the guy has the crime debuff which prevents his character from being logged out, so if you're fast enough you can get him without him logging out.

I think you should reread my first post cause you are talking about something else ¦]

Perp won't have any debuff when you track him 15mins/1day/3days after he make crime.

Reread it and don't really understand what it would add to the game, why do you want to track the player instead of the claim? unless you just want to give him a friendly warning of "hey, don't do that again or I'll get you back!" but otherwise you'd just track to claim, break in and summon him.
(Also unless he left loads of scents, they would run out before you even find him)
Superiodity

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:Agreed, there should be a way to aggro from a distance, but not just for tracking. It seems too easy to be able to just log off when you see a white dot on your radar.

you can agro from a distance if you are rdy to shoot
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Superiodity wrote:Reread it and don't really understand what it would add to the game, why do you want to track the player instead of the claim? unless you just want to give him a friendly warning of "hey, don't do that again or I'll get you back!" but otherwise you'd just track to claim, break in and summon him.
(Also unless he left loads of scents, they would run out before you even find him)

That would mean I have to wait for him to go offline (because you cannot summon someone at his homestead when he is online and not in boston). It's more fun to hunt/chase prey which can fight back. Summon killing ain't much fun.
Chiprel

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 pm

i rather not have to deal with call thunder again

well wouldn't be 2 bad. i do wish there was a way to lock someone in combat that isn't call thunder solution. having a log out timer would be nice
Last edited by Dallane on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Superiodity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Yes you'll have to wait till he's offline... doesn't mean you can't find his claim whilst he's online and come back at a later date.
If you want to hunt him then find his claim and keep a safe distance, he might go mining for lime or some other mundane task allowing you to play your ambush/tactic games. (If he logs off then just wait, he'll log in the exact same place)
Superiodity

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations