Tracking perpetrator(online)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Tracking perpetrator(online)

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:21 pm

There needs to be away to keep a criminal from logging out at the sign of confrontation to avoid punishment for his misdeeds. He could be hours away from his homestead if somebody is tracking him online, then he can just log out to avoid death.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Superiodity wrote:Yes you'll have to wait till he's offline... doesn't mean you can't find his claim whilst he's online and come back at a later date.
If you want to hunt him then find his claim and keep a safe distance, he might go mining for lime or some other mundane task allowing you to play your ambush/tactic games. (If he logs off then just wait, he'll log in the exact same place)

So do you agree that 'tracking: perp' is just useless atm?
Because that's why I made this suggestion. To make tracking online perp option being useful :mrgreen:
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm

staxjax wrote:There needs to be away to keep a criminal from logging out at the sign of confrontation to avoid punishment for his misdeeds. He could be hours away from his homestead if somebody is tracking him online, then he can just log out to avoid death.

yeah it would be a good to make criminal life alot harder
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Superiodity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah I agree it's useless, but your idea's don't stop the guy logging out before you catch up with and the radius would have to be quite large since you can see people on that radar from far away.
I could also use this to grief people like mad, just track his scents and enable auto combat but never actually fight him, if his character can't run off and is forced to fight (follow the character with the scents) then I could lure him all over the place for hours on end, even back to my claim for an easy kill.

Could you elaborate more on how you'd plan to do the auto aggro thing?
Last edited by Superiodity on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superiodity

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Dallane wrote:
Ass_Kraken wrote:Agreed, there should be a way to aggro from a distance, but not just for tracking. It seems too easy to be able to just log off when you see a white dot on your radar.

you can agro from a distance if you are rdy to shoot

Pretty sure musket distance is not a whole screen, still allowing the person to log-out with enough time to go jerk off.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Superiodity wrote:I could also use this to grief people like mad, just track his scents and enable auto combat but never actually fight him, if his character can't run off and is forced to fight (follow the character with the scents) then I could lure him all over the place for hours on end, even back to my claim for an easy kill.

Could you elaborate more on how you'd plan to do the auto aggro thing?

Or he could not just be a huge wuss and actually fight.

I have never heard of someone being chased for hours on end, I don't think it'd be a big problem. Even if I was lured onto someone's claim I would applaud the effort it would have had taken to orchestrate that, ecspecially the part of me not just seeing the pavement/terraforming from the minimap and then veering slightly off direction and pass the settlement entirely.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Chiprel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Superiodity wrote:1.Yeah I agree it's useless, but your idea's don't stop the guy logging out before you catch up with and the radius would have to be quite large since you can see people on that radar from far away.
2.I could also use this to grief people like mad, just track his scents and enable auto combat but never actually fight him, if his character can't run off and is forced to fight (follow the character with the scents)
3. then I could lure him all over the place for hours on end, even back to my claim for an easy kill.

4.Could you elaborate more on how you'd plan to do the auto aggro thing?

1. I wrote about rendering range and that's radar range.
2. That's the point. Make it harder for criminals. He have to fight or outrun you to deagrro. Right now every murderer don't have to fear being caught while he is online(and some ppl play 16h daily)
3. I can't see how he would run to your claim/how would you lure him there while chasing him. Aggro can be dropped after few seconds when both you and your opponent can't see each other(same as with animals) or when both of you click swords icon. Personally if I was chased by a group I would try to get back to my claim or/and friends to fight enemies back.

4. As mentioned in my first post:
a) Guy who's tracking walks towards perpetrator. When he enters render/radar range (when he starts to see perpetrator), combat mode is activated.
in b) Guy who's tracking walks towards perpetrator. When he enters render/radar range (when he starts to see perpetrator), he have to press 'Combat' button in tracking window and combat mode is activated.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Superiodity » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 am

Yeah I get it but thought you was suggesting preventing him from running as well since you was preventing him from logging out (forcing him to fight you).
I'm tired so my posts aren't making much sense, but I agree with reworking the tracking perpetrator to make it more useful so maybe you're idea's for the best and I'm just nitpicking.
Superiodity

Postby Uberness » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 am

makes you wonder how a snake can aggro from so far away(been chased by snakes that were barely blips on my radar when I turned and walked the other way) if a person can't...I agree there should be some way to aggro a person from a distance, and if not get rid of the ability for snakes to do it :lol:
Uberness

Postby Realak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 am

Take Call of Thunder from HnH, call it...

Call Of The Pilgrim? ¦] it drains a small amount of bb from your opponent each use or something
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
Realak

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations