Tracking perpetrator(online)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Tracking perpetrator(online)

Postby Uberness » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 am

Realak wrote:Take Call of Thunder from HnH, call it...

Call Of The Pilgrim? ¦] it drains a small amount of bb from your opponent each use or something

I like that idea...but why not yellow bile? would fit more into the 'call down thunder' feel since it gives the person an advantage.
Uberness

Postby Arillious » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:27 pm

This is an obvious need to have. So far all of the perspective has come from someone looking for justice. Don't forget that its equally(if not more so) as beneficial to the pker to not have people be able ot get away as easy. The only difference is that a pker wouldn't likely have scents on the person hes trying to kill, so finding someone in the open is the only way to kill them.

Either way, hopefully we can all agree that being able to insta log off / port to homestead / port to boston to avoid combat is not realistic and some sort of system should be in place to account for it without adding any sort of un-needed log off or port timer when no one is actually around.
Arillious

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 pm

The timing of aggroing is obviously a general problem. In Haven we fairly recently implemented a logout timer, although that also has its own set of problems. I'm not sure there is a solution that feels entirely fair to everyone involved, although I could perhaps agree that the present aggro mechanic is a bit too easy on the prey.
jorb

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations