There is one critical part of the game missing...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: There is one critical part of the game missing...

Postby sumofallwars » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 am

i get what hes saying but what else is there? there is nothing much else you can do with booze but drink them. If you make them give some sorta combat buff then all the sudden you need beer/cider for pvp. the only other thing would be a learning buff but that doesn't make any kinda sense.
sumofallwars

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 am

Whiskey in a Jar, C&D inspirational ;)
Potjeh

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am

Potjeh wrote:Whiskey in a Jar, C&D inspirational ;)

Do we hear some hard rock playing when we use it? :lol:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby thl111 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:27 pm

So here is my idea on beverages in game and some effects as well as drinking stages I can think of.
What I have in mind are cider (or hard cider), rum, beer/ale, potato spirit and coffee or tea. Now that tea, coffee and sugarcane can't be cultivated in North America, I suggest them as imported goods and obtained from the Company. Prices are up to devs but I think of something reasonable for mass production. While cider , potato spirit and beer/ale can be made easily when forestry is implemented and new crops introduced. For their effects, I am thinking of :
Tea and coffee give a small boost to study rate and work rate as well as the drain of phlegm while working would be lessened a bit.
Rum would give a boost on combat, shall we imagine a berserker pumped full of vicious rum . A 5-10% bonus of total damage/blood for 3 minutes but with a slight drain of BB. After all, people obviously don't think much when rushing at others stark naked and shouting " zrkrrrghntk!!", now do they?
Cider and beer/ale should be considered as pleasant drinks so players can walk faster and they have certain gluttony points as well. Perhaps on phlegm and blood but only work when having with proper food.
Potato spirit is one beverage I haven't figured the effects so if anyone has ideas, feel free to suggest.

Also, drinking alcohol will have stages :
A toast : a bonus stage when players receive boost from certain beverage (unstackable)
Tipsy : no negative effects but character's movement will be unpredictable and slightly hard to control.
Merrily drunk : Move with great difficulty, character has tendency to stand still for a while.
Drunk/plastered : Drains on BB and phlegm until character falls flat on the face and remain unconscious for 2 minutes.
These negative stages don't start according to the number of glasses players drink but shall depend on individual's phlegm with a 5-10% random chance on merrily drunk and drunk stage to happen so players won't abuse it and have to gauge the "ability to hold their drinks" .

To brewery, as in H&H, players only need a pressing machine, barrels and hot water to make drinks. I'd like to make it more complicated but more convenient in its way with a brewery. It could be an entirely new building, built only by learning humble abodes and art of brewing skills. Also this brewing skill allows building a complex of brewing machinery which can only be placed in brewery. And almost all the beverages mentioned above would be made there. Tea and coffee only need grinding tools, drying tables and hot water.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Now that this thread may have some more activity ( i like the suggestions in it) can the title be changed? Itd be more helpful to actually state its a thread about booze XD
milonti

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations