Justified Assault

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Justified Assault

Postby Superiodity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Plenty of us are looking for some sort of duel or spar option in the game for combat practice. It can be dangerous leaving scents no matter how secure you think you are. I can think of numerous occasions in HnH where some town got raided and town members were summon-killed with scents left inside the town walls.

Or some sort of fighting arena/square near Boston where you can fight people without risking anything, but can wage silver/items if you want to make it interesting.
(practice for those of us that don't live in villages)
Superiodity

Postby baronbowden » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Wouldn't an easy way to solve this be that you can never leave scents on your own claim except for murder ?
Extend the same courtesy to someone who is in your direct party. (not just kin incase they back stab etc)

B
baronbowden

Postby milonti » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

baronbowden wrote:Wouldn't an easy way to solve this be that you can never leave scents on your own claim except for murder ?
Extend the same courtesy to someone who is in your direct party. (not just kin incase they back stab etc)

Theft scents are generated when you take things from a knocked out body iirc. This makes it easy for someone to screw over people by leading them to a "fighting ring" or some such and then murdering them for the hell of it. As the chief has already done several times.
milonti

Postby baronbowden » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 pm

true BUT how many times could that happen to a player in their career?

.. hopefully only once...

Vs how often would you like to defend your claim but know if you do you are a dead man?

B
baronbowden

Postby staxjax » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Building walls and braziers does not leave scents on your own claim. Repairing walls and braziers does not leave scents either.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby baronbowden » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

I think I had about 20 braziers ;) They were still full of coal by the time you guys were done with the claim...

My thinking was if you knew engaging in combat on your own claim would not result in scents it would encourage you to risk your character more in the defense of your claim knowing it wont necessarily be summon killed as well as provide a way to spar without scents instead of some other arena etc mechanic.

B
baronbowden

Postby staxjax » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 pm

I feel bad for you, so I will let you know our secret: A Metal Cuirass nullifies brazier damage.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby baronbowden » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 pm

lol you sob.

B
baronbowden

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations