Justified Assault

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Justified Assault

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Doesnt really matter if your leanto is secure, but also, one could always just duel in a secure area. I know a group of people that practice on each other all the time...always ends in KO as thats the only true way to fight.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby masau » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Uronoro wrote:It would just require participants to enter a "duel" mode. Much like how we have an 'en garde' mode. By entering this mode, you are basically giving another person who is also in this mode legal permission to attack and KO you without legal scent consequence.

What, if anything, does en garde do? I thought it was probably another damage reduction move, but didn't see a difference after activating it.
masau

Postby Uronoro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:42 pm

staxjax wrote:Doesnt really matter if your leanto is secure, but also, one could always just duel in a secure area. I know a group of people that practice on each other all the time...always ends in KO as thats the only true way to fight.

Did scents ever get dropped when they dueled with each other?
Uronoro

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Yes, that is why I said you have to duel in a secure area...but tbh it doesnt matter where you duel at if you are confident in your leanto defenses.

staxjax

Postby Uronoro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Ehhh, secure areas are bit relative. I would rather not have any summonable scents to ever exist for my character.

If ever the forum wants to kill me then there is no secure area for it XD.
Uronoro

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm

masau wrote:What, if anything, does en garde do? I thought it was probably another damage reduction move, but didn't see a difference after activating it.

You need to have en garde activated to use parry. Using parry at the same time as another person's thrust will completely negate any damage from their attack.

staxjax

Postby masau » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Oh, thanks. I'll keep that in mind if/when I get in combat with another player then.
masau

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I would get some practice in if I were you, I was able to parry a deer once and negate damage from the ramming attack...but I don't know if that was a bug or the deer just came up short. Find someone to play with, cant get summoned for leaving assault scents...only if you KO them.

staxjax

Postby Uronoro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 pm

staxjax wrote: cant get summoned for leaving assault scents...only if you KO them.

Well there's my second suggestion. Have a 'Gentleman's Duel' mode that negates KO scents when activated for both players.

Heh, maybe then, if while in this "Duel Mode" fighting in Boston is allowed, we can have sparing matches for entertainment in Boston where people can show off their skills and humors. :)
Uronoro

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 am

Uronoro wrote:Well there's my second suggestion. Have a 'Gentleman's Duel' mode that negates KO scents when activated for both players.

Plenty of us are looking for some sort of duel or spar option in the game for combat practice. It can be dangerous leaving scents no matter how secure you think you are. I can think of numerous occasions in HnH where some town got raided and town members were summon-killed with scents left inside the town walls.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations