Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Heffernan wrote:id like a option for the Major to turn on to see all townmembers on the map without having them in team

i want a way for people to know where each other is working so they can go help without having to shout in townchat or add to team every 2 minutes..

Go play big brother somewhere else. What you actually want is to constantly monitor your people.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:id like a option for the Major to turn on to see all townmembers on the map without having them in team

i want a way for people to know where each other is working so they can go help without having to shout in townchat or add to team every 2 minutes..

Go play big brother somewhere else. What you actually want is to constantly monitor your people.

Having this as an option in control of the mayor only, is a bad thing.

Simply rejecting every idea that would further the collaboration ingame is also bad though.

How about a town-group, that acts like a normal group, but can be joined separately, and that you will auto-join IF...YOU set the option in your town options menu (per each char).
...and as we are at it, it could also persists chat for a few hours, so you can log on/of your chars in this great game of alts while basically being auto-grouped with your fellow town mates (that also set this option).

This would not even change anything, just add a lot of convenience... oh wait, I forgot, we must not have such things in Salem! Forget about this. :lol: :P

?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Having this as an option in control of the mayor only, is a bad thing.

Simply rejecting every idea that would further the collaboration ingame is also bad though.

How about a town-group, that acts like a normal group, but can be joined separately, and that you will auto-join IF...YOU set the option in your town options menu (per each char).
...and as we are at it, it could also persists chat for a few hours, so you can log on/of your chars in this great game of alts while basically being auto-grouped with your fellow town mates (that also set this option).

This would not even change anything, just add a lot of convenience... oh wait, I forgot, we must not have such things in Salem! Forget about this. :lol: :P

?

Sounds retarded
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Heffernan wrote:do you even understand what i want? i want a way for people to know where each other is working so they can go help without having to shout in townchat or add to team every 2 minutes..

I don't care what you want it has party already for this purpose. What you want doesn't change the fact on how it would affect the things I listed, therefore my point still stands
Taipion wrote:Having this as an option in control of the mayor only, is a bad thing.

?

Even though this gives the player choice it doesn't change the fact that the town leader can make it a requirement that each member has it turned on.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 pm

If you name each part of the town a codename then when people ask what they need help with they can say what area they are working in,

Ex: Eastern Timber Piles, South Lake, Central Mine, etc.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Goodman12 wrote:
Heffernan wrote:do you even understand what i want? i want a way for people to know where each other is working so they can go help without having to shout in townchat or add to team every 2 minutes..

I don't care what you want it has party already for this purpose. What you want doesn't change the fact on how it would affect the things I listed, therefore my point still stands
Taipion wrote:Having this as an option in control of the mayor only, is a bad thing.

?

Even though this gives the player choice it doesn't change the fact that the town leader can make it a requirement that each member has it turned on.

As any rule a town leader can set, it is always up to you to ignore it, leave the town and go find some better people to play with, revolt, ...
So that argument is invalid.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Taipion wrote:As any rule a town leader can set, it is always up to you to ignore it, leave the town and go find some better people to play with, revolt, ...
So that argument is invalid.

Lets do a recap on this thus far:
Heffernan suggested an idea to make it so that they can monitor all members of the town
I said that it would reduces the risk of infiltration and interfere with it and such.
You suggested a way to make it a choice for the members of the town
I told you that if mayors make it a requirement then the choice would be irrelevant
You said that you can
Point A(Ignore it): If you ignore their request you get kicked
PointB(Leave the town): If you're trying to INFILTRATE THE TOWN, then why would you LEAVE
With your logic then the game doesn't even need to make it a choice for the player to accept, it should just be made a necessity (which goes ALL the way back to HEFF's first suggestion) which was given a logical reason on why it should not be implemented
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
Goodman12

Postby Heffernan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 pm

an option for all townmembers would be nice, so noone is forced to do it
Heffernan

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Heffernan wrote:an option for all townmembers would be nice, so noone is forced to do it

Shut up, you know that you're going to make it a requirement and other towns will as well.
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 am

Goodman12 wrote:With your logic then the game doesn't even need to make it a choice for the player to accept, it should just be made a necessity (which goes ALL the way back to HEFF's first suggestion) which was given a logical reason on why it should not be implemented

Your logic is far off, if YOU deem it a requirement to play with people who openly oppress you, and force their will unto yours, then be their slave, I am sure JC can implement it in a way that it is forced on you, but a choice for everyone else, so you can keep complaining and be a slave to others.
For everyone else, it would be a choice, and maybe even a good chance to see how much others trust you, which is not bad at all.

Are you actually trying to troll this fine, small, ideas thread?
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations