Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Taipion » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Heffernan wrote:can we have a small "Marp Puppet" to produce that when we cuddle it removes Fear faster?

So to say a live action figure of Mr. Tarpton?! :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 am

Basket for eggs is nice. Maybe we also can get basket for fruits?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:47 am

JohnSnow wrote:Basket for eggs is nice. Maybe we also can get basket for fruits?

I find it a waste to invest coding time into something for an item that spoils quite fast
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 am

Would these said fruit baskets be breaking the game in some way due to a simple coding malfunction that would allow ppl to open all their fruit baskets and eat fruit-based foods out of them during gluttony?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Would these said fruit baskets be breaking the game in some way due to a simple coding malfunction that would allow ppl to open all their fruit baskets and eat fruit-based foods out of them during gluttony?

no, they wouldnt, because the baskets would be for fruit, not for fruit-based food.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm

At the npc who sells books, make books clearly identifiable, like, with an ISBN.

I see how trolling is strong in this game, but this just whimsical,
and has the sole effect that npc-book-selling is totally useless and noone, except maybe for an occasional unknowing newbie, ever uses it.
Therefore that feature (=npcselling books + "bestseller list") is useless and could just as well be removed.
Instead of removing it, make books identifiable.

This, and some more love for the books, might actually turn it into a valuable feature.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Taipion wrote:At the npc who sells books, make books clearly identifiable, like, with an ISBN.

and has the sole effect that npc-book-selling is totally useless and noone, except maybe for an occasional unknowing newbie, ever uses it.
Therefore that feature (=npcselling books + "bestseller list") is useless and could just as well be removed.

This, and some more love for the books, might actually turn it into a valuable feature.

It's already a viable feature. People just aren't making actual books. I wish we had people like there was in ultima. There was entire books written and circulated in that game. It was amazing.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:At the npc who sells books, make books clearly identifiable, like, with an ISBN.

It's already a viable feature. People just aren't making actual books. I wish we had people like there was in ultima. There was entire books written and circulated in that game. It was amazing.

So then tell me, if there is an actual good book, and someone like ...you, would make a book of the exact same name and also make so much of them that it's numbers match the original,
how would it be possible to discern the actual book from the cheap trolling attempt?
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Taipion wrote:So then tell me, if there is an actual good book, and someone like ...you, would make a book of the exact same name and also make so much of them that it's numbers match the original,
how would it be possible to discern the actual book from the cheap trolling attempt?

Has this problem even happened or are you dreaming something up? Maybe you can get the local bot client to set a alarm for troll books.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:So then tell me, if there is an actual good book, and someone like ...you, would make a book of the exact same name and also make so much of them that it's numbers match the original,

Has this problem even happened or are you dreaming something up? Maybe you can get the local bot client to set a alarm for troll books.

I did not think that you would know a way to do this anyways, but thanks for confirming.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations