Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Heffernan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 pm

since i heard all buildings have same soak can we have BARNS have more soak since they have more size? like 1500 or 2k?
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Heffernan wrote:since i heard all buildings have same soak can we have BARNS have more soak since they have more size? like 1500 or 2k?

Barns should't have more soak than others, but should be more susceptible to being set on fire cause it's all just wood and hay, lots of hay. ¦]

I have a great idea though, idk if someone has thought of this yet...

How about you can drink from any cup/flask that your cursor can reach, from where it is without needing to equip it first.
I mean, the cursor is your hand, if you can lift it up (taking in hand / on cursor) with a left-click, you should be able to drink from it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 am

Taipion wrote:
Heffernan wrote:since i heard all buildings have same soak can we have BARNS have more soak since they have more size? like 1500 or 2k?

Barns should't have more soak than others, but should be more susceptible to being set on fire cause it's all just wood and hay, lots of hay. ¦]

I have a great idea though, idk if someone has thought of this yet...

How about you can drink from any cup/flask that your cursor can reach, from where it is without needing to equip it first.
I mean, the cursor is your hand, if you can lift it up (taking in hand / on cursor) with a left-click, you should be able to drink from it.

issue is with animals 1k is easy to get who needs fire when you can just bash it down in under a min. soak needs to be 2-3k min with hitpoints on par of a stone fence. could also look at the other buildings and buff accordingly.
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:37 am

PVP is not small changes.

Combat and PVP need help. No secret, but not something that will be tampered with before next expedition launches.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

JohnCarver wrote:PVP is not small changes.

Combat and PVP need help. No secret, but not something that will be tampered with before next expedition launches.

Make it more difficult to make (new) pclaims during PvP, if not impossible at all. Missed drama because of that today on major characters according to my sources.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby KruskDaMangled » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 am

Judaism wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:PVP is not small changes.

Make it more difficult to make (new) pclaims during PvP, if not impossible at all. Missed drama because of that today on major characters according to my sources.

How was that bad in that situation exactly? I'm assuming someone did something that was "*****" with the mechanic but I'm kind of at a loss as to what that might be.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm

How is it difficult to comprehend the complications. Loading ammo takes longer than building a Pclaim, then you can expand it with a couple thousand of silver and on top of that you could easily add defensive structures to interrupt an ongoing fight with it. So you'll also be crime locked for a bit which all are disadvantages not related to the initial combat engage.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby roweanmcroy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:02 am

when mining instead of getting a rubble bolder occasionally get one of granite or lime
roweanmcroy

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 am

roweanmcroy wrote:when mining instead of getting a rubble bolder occasionally get one of granite or lime

While this idea does seem intriguing don't forget that you can get lime from a lime pit and granite from a stone quarry.
If someone wants to farm solely rubble when mining then it would kinda suck to be getting random granite and lime.

If mayhap it was say, a 2.5% chance of granite boulder, and 2.5% chance of a lime boulder of equivalent size and then 95% chance of rubble it would deffly be a nice change of things but anything higher or things that scale of mines and mountains would ruin ppl farming rubble.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 am

Just sell off the lime and granite if you don't want it, or just set the boulders off to the side, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations