Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Chrumps » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 am

Make trees drop rotten fruits when season changes, so there is a short time to collect them.
Chrumps

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm

When you click on the craving, it opens the recipe (if the char has it).

I had the old "rosted nuts" recipe on a char as a shortcut, which did not exist anymore, I also had a fruit recipe as a shortcut after it was moved to fruit orchards, none of that was a problem and clicking the shortcut simply did nothing.

So that should not be too hard, right? ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pm

But there is no guarantee you have the recipe that you are craving.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

JohnCarver wrote:But there is no guarantee you have the recipe that you are craving.

That is fine, and in that case it does nothing. (as I described in my post above)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 pm

I'm not really interested in trading a nice thing for the unlimited bug reports that when they click on a recipe they don't have, nothing happens.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:36 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I'm not really interested in trading a nice thing for the unlimited bug reports that when they click on a recipe they don't have, nothing happens.

Mhhh, how hard would it be to implement it in a way that tells the user if they don't have the recipe?! :D
I could think of several ways to implement that...
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 pm

And rob the user of the fun of going through their recipe book to see if they can make it? No thanks.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:14 am

JohnCarver wrote:And rob the user of the fun of going through their recipe book to see if they can make it? No thanks.

you need change mechanic "book chef" not menu with recipes :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby akpeters678 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Is there a way to "auto avoid" obsticals?

Like when I click on the map but there are stumps or trees in the way, is there a way to program it, so my character will auto alter his path to go around small obsticals?
akpeters678

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:03 pm

akpeters678 wrote:Is there a way to "auto avoid" obsticals?

Like when I click on the map but there are stumps or trees in the way, is there a way to program it, so my character will auto alter his path to go around small obsticals?

What you are asking for is pathfinding. And what you are really saying is
"When I specifically set my character on a path to run into a tree, can you save me from myself".
The answer is yes I can, and no I won't. Stop telling your character to run into things.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations