Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:Darkness animal meat should function as its normal counterpart but be poisonous.

Rifmaster wrote:Should make it so food made with darkness mob meat is better but increases insanity (except for witches)


There would be almost no reason to go out monster hunting with the exception of rare drops.


Wait people go monster hunting for other reasons?


I guess you haven't gotten a character high enough to discover agropelters.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 pm

I personally don't touch meat foods with a 10-foot pole. I toss every single meat piece I get when I spam darkness hunting for brains/rare drops/stringy sinews/argo hides.

Now I could make tenderboiled terrines with the regular meat but meh.

Also, making the meat poisonous would be really stupid and just make it a pointless glob of items to sift through to get rid of animal bodies and farm darkenbones/stringy sinews.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Dallane wrote:
I guess you haven't gotten a character high enough to discover agropelters.


Those barely count as monsters, but if you were to put them on the level of actual darkness mobs then yea I guess they can be kinda useful for wild wings.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Rifmaster wrote: barely count as monsters


Image
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Those barely count as monsters


Ahem...

Image
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 am

They spawn in such shallow darkness and can't even permakill, I mean sure they definitely are darkness mobs but considering u can kill them with less than 60-70 biles it's like calling rats darkness monsters too.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Ghoul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 am

In my ritualistic scouring of the internet, I have come across this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters#Beasts

Is it supposed to be Argopelter or Agropelter?
I hate myself but I hate you more
User avatar
Ghoul
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 am
Location: Canada

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 am

Ghoul wrote:In my ritualistic scouring of the internet, I have come across this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters#Beasts

Is it supposed to be Argopelter or Agropelter?


Argo i think.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Ghoul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 am

Dallane wrote:
Ghoul wrote:In my ritualistic scouring of the internet, I have come across this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters#Beasts

Is it supposed to be Argopelter or Agropelter?


Argo i think.

https://archive.org/stream/fearsomecrea ... earch/argo see page 35, or index on page 8.
I hate myself but I hate you more
User avatar
Ghoul
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 am
Location: Canada

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 am

Ghoul wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Ghoul wrote:In my ritualistic scouring of the internet, I have come across this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters#Beasts

Is it supposed to be Argopelter or Agropelter?


Argo i think.

https://archive.org/stream/fearsomecrea ... earch/argo see page 35, or index on page 8.


Nah you crazy its clearly argo. JC WOULDNT LIE OK.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests