Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Ronch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 am

Guybrush wrote:cougars are very hard to detect, they run very fast, and kill early and medium game players way too fast. WHY CAN T I ENTER MY HOUSE TO PROTECT FROM ONE THAT FOLLOWED ME TO MY CLAIM AND STUND ME SEVERAL TIMES ????!!!!! in real life when you can escape a wild dangerous animal, you re able to hide in building !!!!!! WHY ISN T IT POSSIBLE INGAME ????!:!!!!!!!! .....tomorrow ill run out of claim fee and will need to restart from scratch just because i m forced to be killed in loop by this terrible idea !!!!!!!

PLZ make it able to enter houses even in combat !!!!!!!!!! this situation is ridiculous and stupid as hell !!!!! :evil:

A simple wooden fence will keep all dangerous animals out of your claim or homestead, then you will only have to open your gate to enter safety, and not be stuck inside of your house with limited things to do.
...A simple fence is the first deterrent to other players snooping and or assaulting your claim too. Fences are easy to craft material wise, and very easy to skill up to be able to make too.

BTW: the cougar should move on anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes after you evade him (and log out)... when you log back in the cougar will have moved on to his next unaware victim.
Last edited by Ronch on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby lachlaan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 am

Guybrush wrote:cougars are very hard to detect, they run very fast, and kill early and medium game players way too fast. WHY CAN T I ENTER MY HOUSE TO PROTECT FROM ONE THAT FOLLOWED ME TO MY CLAIM AND STUND ME SEVERAL TIMES ????!!!!! in real life when you can escape a wild dangerous animal, you re able to hide in building !!!!!! WHY ISN T IT POSSIBLE INGAME ????!:!!!!!!!! .....tomorrow ill run out of claim fee and will need to restart from scratch just because i m forced to be killed in loop by this terrible idea !!!!!!!

PLZ make it able to enter houses even in combat !!!!!!!!!! this situation is ridiculous and stupid as hell !!!!! :evil:

No.

The general area unloads after a while of you being offline or away from the area. If you're starting legitimately from scratch then you had all of your things in your inventory and that in itself is a mistake. If you have a house but not a fence with a gate you can close that is again a pretty big oversight. Think of ways you can prevent this next time without having to ask for developer help. They make a noise when you load them on the map, play with sound, enjoy all aspects of the game.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:22 am

still no help menu explaining how to protect yourself smh
don't understand why it's expected of new players to do research before jumping into this game, or to just face deep frustration and be expected to give it another shot. if they choose to ignore a help menu that has information on making a secure claim and the dangers that await, fine then that's their choice. but, they're not even given the opportunity.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Forungi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Ghoul wrote:
don't understand why it's expected of new players to do research before jumping into this game, or to just face deep frustration and be expected to give it another shot. if they choose to ignore a help menu that has information on making a secure claim and the dangers that await, fine then that's their choice. but, they're not even given the opportunity.

If anyone willingly starts to play a PERMADEATH game, then they should know the dangers that come with it, even without knowing their way around the mechanics.
This is not a place for carebears.
Forungi

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:37 am

please posiblu put neckle (ofc. sadomaso-neckle) into wardrobe

but but pls. add more "bonuses" neckle not only sadomaso-neckle :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 am

Forungi wrote:
Ghoul wrote:

If anyone willingly starts to play a PERMADEATH game, then they should know the dangers that come with it, even without knowing their way around the mechanics.
This is not a place for carebears.

Why do people support the disenfranchisement of new players? I don't think that one should have their hand held when they play this game for the first time. I also believe that new players should be given as many reasonable opportunities as possible to be shown what dangers await without having to rely on the wiki.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:51 pm

can we change desecrating bodies?

please make it require atleast larceny and crime on and saying "you require larceny" or "you require crime to be on"

have seen atleast 2-3 people in stocks not knowing why they are in there then there towns freeing them ad they probably soon dying, i know u should read patchnotes but who as a returning player reads 50+ patchnotes?
Heffernan

Postby gorniksam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Heffernan wrote:can we change desecrating bodies?

please make it require atleast larceny and crime on and saying "you require larceny" or "you require crime to be on"

have seen atleast 2-3 people in stocks not knowing why they are in there then there towns freeing them ad they probably soon dying, i know u should read patchnotes but who as a returning player reads 50+ patchnotes?

stop being such a carebear
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Wait, you can desecrate and leave scents without turning crime on?!
That actually sounds like a bug.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Taipion wrote:

Wait, you can desecrate and leave scents without turning crime on?!
That actually sounds like a bug.

That "desecrate" work always... i was lose with this "witch height biles" because i missclick :P + i dont know about this

but i agree about "you require crime to be on"
or show "desecrate" option when crime on
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations