Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Small Ideas Thread

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Once there was a thread in this section that dealt with small ideas. I won't resurrect that thread, as the game has changed too much since it was relevant, but I do think the thread itself had merit. Currently, small ideas require so little discussion, they tend to fall off the front page and are harder to keep track of.

So, the rules are simple: Your small idea must be able to be fully explained in one to three sentences, and it should be something that doesn't require a lot of debate.

If you post something like this: I think we should have a public transportation system!

Yes, that is described in a single sentence, but the full mechanic and ramifications of such a system will take pages and pages to work out, so this is not a 'small idea' and will be moved to a new thread or hinnomed. Your idea will also be moved to a new thread if it sparks a discussion of more than a half page.

You may mention an idea here that was mentioned in another thread so long as that idea hasn't be either implemented already, rejected, or approved by John.

So, I will start off with a couple things I'd like to see:

Add the option to 'Empty' a dry goods bag to the right-click flower menu.

Add a Coal Carrier made from Birchbark and Tinder. Lit from a torch or another coal carrier, it keeps a coal burning for 4 hours in inventory or a container. Should have a fuel display like a torch so the player knows when to make a new one.

Make canoes and sleds always land a constant short distance front of' the character instead of randomly somewhere in the area. Currently a canoe will sometimes land some distance out in deep water and that can be pretty bad with the new mount delay.

Make all dropped inventory items land directly below where the character was standing when the items were lost instead of scattering randomly over a small area, to help alleviate loss of items inside structures when client crashes occur.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Running animation.
C'mon faster walking animation is just lazy! :)
Rifmaster

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Running animation.
C'mon faster walking animation is just lazy! :)

Change running, he says. It would be easy, he says.

:evil:
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Spazzmaticus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Allow for items to be picked up a short distances from the pilgrim. This would eliminate the problem of items getting stuck when scattered or spawning in hillsides.
Spazzmaticus

Postby Kandarim » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 pm

let us shift-click things on pots (for putting them in the pot)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Xsardi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Footsteps sound.
Xsardi

Postby Rele » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 am

The ability to dig on cliffs better, instead of trying to make it level with thes rest of the ground, then leveling it. Maybe just allow us to dig it and not "bump" into it or autocling onto it. Would help when there is a lime pit next to an annoying cliff. :)
Rele

Postby Procne » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 am

1. Animal lures - leave some meat in specially crafted container to lure bears (animal appears next time the area is loaded) or vegetables to lure deer. Or maybe even new kinds of monsters in the darkness

2. Have client display hitboxes or at least indicate if building can be placed in selected location (building ghost changing color maybe?)

3. New skill to build and use bigger planting pots, which can produce more plants. Takes 3 humus, 2l of water, produces 5 plants. Something like this:

4. Ability to see whether selected inspirational has been used in current study session. And real inspiration cost of it

[5. Ability to make glass

6. Ability to make pepper

7. Ability to make sugar]

These are not small things. Also, the ability to make them, if ever granted, will still cost you just as much silver as it now costs you to purchase them. It'll just add more work.

~TotalyMeow
Procne

Postby Judaism » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 am

(1) Create an option which makes potable goods destroyable, just like you did with the fields. (2) I just planted tons of green peppers, turned out I was not completely there in my head and I needed red ones. (3) Now I have no pots ready for use, I'd rather get rid of my old yellow ones instead.

Three sentences :)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Argost » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 am

Option to enlarge UI and font, for us older folks :P I know the modded version does allow a small change in font, but going to 21 would be nice :)
Argost

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations