Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Procne » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 pm

I find plucked turkeys a great compost bin and turkey coop fuel ^^
Procne

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

lachlaan wrote:Probably because stuffing a turkey is gruelling work and you get mostly crappy stuff for it. Same issue I have with anything but the highest tier pumpkin stuff. Spend ages waiting on a big bell and have it suck thoroughly. Meanwhile meat and other food groups have a certain swiftness that's more appealing, since very few people like planning ahead to eat a simple meal.

I get lots of good stuff from turkeys, they just are not good for glutting.
DarkNacht

Postby Potjeh » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 am

IDK, turkey sandwiches ain't that bad.
Potjeh

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 am

Potjeh wrote:IDK, turkey sandwiches ain't that bad.

Its even better with pelter meat.
DarkNacht

Postby agentlemanloser » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:27 am

I simply wanted a generic version of turkey meat shreds, similar to the snake's values, to use for snack foods (frikadel, etc.), since that's the only version we can currently raise in-base.

Next suggestion: expand the keyring from 4x2 to 5x5 or greater. As you add more wall types, keys will begin to become very unwieldy, what with multiple gates. For those of us with chambered bases, keys are already irritating to juggle. An expanded keyring has no drawbacks and would take no more than a few seconds of code rewrite. If you prefer, add in a more difficult-to-craft version with an expanded inventory. Either way, I think this is a must-do change for the near future.
agentlemanloser

Postby Mereni » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 am

agentlemanloser wrote:Next suggestion: expand the keyring from 4x2 to 5x5 or greater. As you add more wall types, keys will begin to become very unwieldy, what with multiple gates. For those of us with chambered bases, keys are already irritating to juggle. An expanded keyring has no drawbacks and would take no more than a few seconds of code rewrite. If you prefer, add in a more difficult-to-craft version with an expanded inventory. Either way, I think this is a must-do change for the near future.

You don't need a separate key for each wall type. You can lock all your gates and all your containers, everything on a single key if you want. Or you can put some things on separate keys if you have someone living in your base and you want to limit them, but 8 keys seems like more than enough to me.
Mereni

Postby agentlemanloser » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:48 am

Mereni wrote:You don't need a separate key for each wall type. You can lock all your gates and all your containers, everything on a single key if you want.

Are you serious? I would never have thought you could align a key to multiple locks. That seems . . . idiotic, and hardly intuitive. Alright, if that is the case, I'll retract my suggestion. I'll also suggest a hard one lock/one key rule (which no one will like or listen to) and then later unretract my retraction.
agentlemanloser

Postby Darwoth » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:27 am

biddas bricks need a pave graphic, there should be other bricks with different colors (red, green, blue, black, white, orange) or assign one of said colors to each of the current rare bricks?

towns need a "small" auth object to replace the old 15x15 bstones, on that note they need a floating "buoy" auth object also to connect towns from islands to the mainland.

should not have to be at the bell to resign mayor, should be able to rename your town every 60 days.

should be able to light a torch off of any lit object (smelters, ovens, smokers etc)
Darwoth

Postby bologna_man00 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 am

agentlemanloser wrote:Are you serious? I would never have thought you could align a key to multiple locks. That seems . . . idiotic, and hardly intuitive. Alright, if that is the case, I'll retract my suggestion. I'll also suggest a hard one lock/one key rule (which no one will like or listen to) and then later unretract my retraction.

The locks are being aligned to the key, not the other way around.
bologna_man00

Postby Xsardi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:05 am

Make beavers and bears swim.

Increase the bear's movement speed.
Xsardi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations