Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

can we also please check Madness Episodes? i have 1 madness and sifting i always get 2-3 madness items, same for wood piles i get 3-4 at 1 madness (the lowest)
Heffernan

Postby saltmummy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Heffernan wrote:not sure how easy, but since we cant place flagposts in houses how about letting us hang Flags onto our walls?

They did it with the sports jerseys, shouldn't be much different.
Also, good idea. +1
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Heffernan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 pm

not sure if can be made working but can we be able to right click a bucket on a pot to refill them?

Heffernan

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Heffernan wrote:not sure if can be made working but can we be able to right click a bucket on a pot to refill them?

Oh GOD! PLEASE!
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 am

Heffernan wrote:not sure if can be made working but can we be able to right click a bucket on a pot to refill them?

Would make sense, but would not speed up the process much, and would nearly not at all impact anything else done with pots.
Bigger pots though... we got gold, silver, steel, ... and all we can use is copper... why can't we make some nice, stainless steel 49 slot pots that also hold 50 liters?! :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby jakhollin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 am

+1 it would help even more if you could use a 100 liter barrel.
jakhollin

Postby Chrumps » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Wet dreams, boys. We already have cauldrons, but witches are not willing to let normal people use these. Grind your daily food in tears.

In another thread:
TotalyMeow wrote:Only mushrooms. Cauldrons aren't really intended for normal use.

elsewhere in this thread:
gorniksam wrote:
ArgentRhapsody wrote:Please make bagels boil-able in a cauldron
pretty please?

Oh god, when people realize that witches are able to doing it :roll:

TotalyMeow wrote:Actually, I think non witches should be able to boil fewer things in a cauldron.
Chrumps

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 am

No. Witches can't boil bagels in a cauldron.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Chrumps » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 am

I wasn't sure about that one ;). It was more about your stance as a dev against normal people using cauldrons, while current bajgiel boiling mechanics is somewhat grindy and cauldrons seem to be the easiest way to improve on this.
Besides, given how much water and fuel a cauldron use, it is not economical to boil anything that takes more time than bajgiels. Even boiling mushrooms other than toadstools in a cauldron makes little sense because of water usage.
Details:
Boiling anything in a pot uses 0.5 l water per item.
Boiling anything in a cauldron uses 10l per 3m20s.
Thus boiling toadstools requires 40 liters to boil 16 toadstools which is 2,5 l per item.
It is possible to use only 31 liters in this way.
It is possible to use a trick so a batch of toadstools can be boiled at a cost of 4 liters. That makes 0.25l per a toadstool. This trick requires adding water 4 times so it is more grindy than just adding the right amount of water.
Any other item takes more time to boil and is more costly than toadstools in terms of water usage.
I do not care that much about the fuel - one can have a tree next to a cauldron.

Anyway using cauldrons as they work now for anything not related to witchcraft is pointless.
Chrumps

Postby Heffernan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 am

can we please have a Gold or Steel pot? even if it costs 5-10 gold bars having pots with just 9 slots means having to use 1000s of pots
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations