raising water tiles

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

raising water tiles

Postby rawwrberry » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 pm

dont know if it has been mentioned but the ability to raise water tiles to dirt or drop dirt tiles to water level?
rawwrberry

Re: raising water tiles

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 pm

It's been mentioned in various forms. More importantly, the devs disallowed it on purpose. It took extra coding to make water tiles untouchable. One could only assume they have a reason for it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Sevenless wrote:It's been mentioned in various forms. More importantly, the devs disallowed it on purpose. It took extra coding to make water tiles untouchable. One could only assume they have a reason for it.

my guess is the same water bs hearth vaults in haven when we get the higher tier walls and a proper swimming system.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Good possibility. Of course, if you can add or raise/lower water, one could, in theory, get rid of the water all together. Could be they just didn't want to screw with hydro calculations.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Ideas & Innovations