"Utility" to skeleton!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

"Utility" to skeleton!

Postby Wolgirt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 am

I'm not sure if someone already talked about it but I was considering a utility for skeletons.
They could be used as chests to store 16 items as a person normally carries!
That would be a very cool thing to have a place full of skeletons and still serving to store items! :)
Wolgirt

Re: "Utility" to skeleton!

Postby Superiodity » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 am

I'd also like a use for skeletons, wouldn't mind turning them into a cool looking chest made of bones, could also require a skeleton key.
Superiodity

Postby Uberness » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:05 am

they never gave them a use in HnH because they didn't want people sacrificing alts, and since its far harder to die here that would probably stick...though a skeleton on a post/in a cage would be a really neat decorative item!
Uberness

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Specifically in Haven the discussion was about creating an inspirational harvest from skeletons. That would be pretty abusable.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Arkanus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Would be cool can put then like "Skeleton Scarecrow" and put a Sign, :twisted: "Don't try to enter here!" :twisted:, near it.
This would be fun, ¦]

Like this:
fresh souls in the cornfield por Noah Fentz, no Flickr
Arkanus

Postby Wolgirt » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 am

I liked the two ideas by Superiodity & Arkanus!
Could be created kind of Skill to work with skeletons and create cool things like "Skeleton Chest", "Skeleton Scarecrow", "Skeleton Fences"...
Wolgirt

Postby Arillious » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Sevenless wrote:Specifically in Haven the discussion was about creating an inspirational harvest from skeletons. That would be pretty abusable.

Pretty easy to code around this by only allowing skeletons from a player of a certain level to be useable for whatever inspiration / decoration / other idea that was chosen to be implemented.
Arillious

Postby Uberness » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:12 am

Arillious wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Specifically in Haven the discussion was about creating an inspirational harvest from skeletons. That would be pretty abusable.

Pretty easy to code around this by only allowing skeletons from a player of a certain level to be useable for whatever inspiration / decoration / other idea that was chosen to be implemented.

we don't have levels...of course you could add that to a certain skill, but whats going to stop someone from pumping up an alt just to get that skill then kill them for the skeleton? as far as HnH goes with a good infrastructure you can get all skills on an alt in a day(maybe 2) if you're just going for skills and don't care about stats or attributes.

again I like the idea of decorations made from skeletons, impaled guy would look awesome!
Uberness

Postby Wolgirt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

I think it would be difficult to ensure that people don't create an alt just to get skeletons, but what can be done is difficult it, requiring to use ingredients in the manufacture of items that would only be acquired with drops from Bears, since bears are difficult to kill.
Wolgirt

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 pm

That'd be a very nice thing!

... I trust you see why we can't have it?
jorb

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations