"Utility" to skeleton!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: "Utility" to skeleton!

Postby milonti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

jorb wrote:That'd be a very nice thing!

... I trust you see why we can't have it?

What if we just make it less nice? Then can we have it?
milonti

Postby Arillious » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

You would simply have to make it so whatever inspirational or other benefit is outweighed by the cost it would take to level an alt. I'm not even arguing for doing this, just countering the feeble argument that people have against it.

Example:

If it was determined that a character needed to have 2000 in at least 8 skill categories in order to leave a "Inspirational" skeleton, and the inspirational skeleton yielded the same amount of Cloak and dagger as 5 singing old logs, then you'd both be adding benefit to the person who got the skeleton but making it not time-effective to level an alt to farm. Once again, this is just an example so arguing the numbers of this example is pointless. If you feel the specific numbers used are too low, simply raise them.

I'd be more likely to argue for some sort of trophy if the person killed was of a certain level either humor wise or skill wise. IE, head on a pike. It would be helpful in countering the "I'm not really dead" threads that are going around if someone was able to present a head or some other proof.
Arillious

Postby Uberness » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Arillious wrote:I'd be more likely to argue for some sort of trophy if the person killed was of a certain level either humor wise or skill wise. IE, head on a pike. It would be helpful in countering the "I'm not really dead" threads that are going around if someone was able to present a head or some other proof.

thats sort of what I suggested every time I posted in this thread, why not have some cool decorative items made from skeletons(head on a pike sounds cooler than impaled guy) I know it doesn't fit well with the setting of the game, but who cares if people put heads on pikes in the real protestant new england, its a game and its a cool thing to have! I'd really be against basing anything on the actual murdered character, but it would be cool if anyone who had them kinned could still tell who they are...

jorb wrote:That'd be a very nice thing!

... I trust you see why we can't have it?

which part are you talking about there?
Uberness

Postby MrEllu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 am

You could use a skeleton to make a grave, just for the looks, then the people would compete about who has the most graves. It could have a text that tells the dead persons name.
MrEllu

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 am

Or you could just use the current skeletons and line them up in a grave yard and put up woodsigns with their obituaries on them. One doesnt need special fancy mechanics to have fun with skeletons.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby masau » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:36 am

staxjax wrote:Or you could just use the current skeletons and line them up in a grave yard and put up woodsigns with their obituaries on them. One doesnt need special fancy mechanics to have fun with skeletons.

Do skeletons not decay?
masau

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 am

Nah, they don't.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Misscupcake » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 am

staxjax wrote:Or you could just use the current skeletons and line them up in a grave yard and put up woodsigns with their obituaries on them. One doesnt need special fancy mechanics to have fun with skeletons.

I did this in hearth with the rune stones. Id pave 3 in a line, drop the skelly on 2 the stone above his head with something witty about how they died.
Woof Imma cat
jwhitehorn wrote:P/s: mother nature thinks your fat.
Misscupcake

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm

staxjax wrote:Nah, they don't.

inb4 whole world filled with skellies.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations