Improved dowsing system

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Improved dowsing system

Postby Gotrek65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 am

after several hours or walking around with a woo-woo-wand equiped and prospecting for a mine I have given up that wand is like complete crap. I starting just runnng around randomly and found 1 mine but no where near any lime so i started walking 3 tile wide strips while mapping found a second 1 in the center of a bog(was on a 3x3ish plains area) I think the arrows needs to constantly spin until it finds something then it should wobble back and forth in the general direction.
Gotrek65

Re: Improved dowsing system

Postby ShadowTani » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:25 am

It's confusing the first time you use it for sure, if you follow it while it's spinning you end up walking in circles, lol. What you should do is just walk in more straight lines while ignoring it mostly, once you see it start sticking to a direction you will know for sure it'll have sniffed up a metal node in the area. :3
ShadowTani

Postby Gotrek65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 pm

the funny thing is i did a bit of mapping/prospecting and i was fully zoomed out with prospect on and i crashed and when i logged back in there was a mine right next to me so it's kinda surprising i did not see it....
makes me think that maybe you have to stop for the woo-woo-wand to pick anything up
Gotrek65

Postby ShadowTani » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 pm

If you had a dc right before it's quite possible the node didn't show up because of the communication break between the client and server. ;3
ShadowTani

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Do remember, the dowsing system is more reliable if you're using the metal crafted dowsing rods instead of the wooden woo-woo wand.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Gotrek65 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:14 am

Sevenless wrote:Do remember, the dowsing system is more reliable if you're using the metal crafted dowsing rods instead of the wooden woo-woo wand.

hey if you wanna sell me one i'll be much gratfull, didnt think people had metal stuff to sell quite yet
Gotrek65

Return to Ideas & Innovations