a few ideas

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

a few ideas

Postby tnj2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

1. Being about to destroy your creations with ease. Meaning if you build say a stone hedge, but misplace it only you (the creator) can destroy it without using a crazy amount of phlegm while everyone else has to take the time to destroy it like normal.

2. Being able to teleport between claims you own. It would make it easier to travel if your claims are far away from each other. Also, for personal reasons, it would give a nudge for people to have more claims even if you have to pay an upkeep on extra claims.

3. I'm guessing this will eventually be in the game, but thought I would suggest it. Being about to terriform and build on sand. I can't build a double wall thanks to building too close to sand. Also being able to make glass objects with sand which would make sand useful.

Thanks for reading!
tnj2010

Re: a few ideas

Postby Superiodity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm

1. Been suggested many times since a lot of people make mistakes with their own walls and that, I agree with it.
2. No, it would lead to so many exploits, I could just build a lean-to right near someones base, raid it and teleport all his stuff to my main claim or build some really far away mine, claim it and teleport back and forth from the mine with the ore (sounds like a "good" thing but it's not intended to be that easy).
3. Also been suggested already, a decent idea.
Superiodity

Postby tnj2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:03 pm

On the second part I was thinking more on the lines of only being able to teleporting with nothing in your inventory. And just to claim to claim, not leanto to claim. Or maybe only being able to teleport from you homestead (which in this case would have to be a claim) with inventory full of stuff to your other claims. As I wrote that I found a flaw. If they did that then all you would have to do is change that to your homestead. In which case they could make it where you can only make one claim your homestead and not allow you to make another claim a homestead unless you unclaim the existing homestead. in short terms have a permanent homestead. Maybe?
tnj2010

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Superiodity wrote:2. No, it would lead to so many exploits, I could just build a lean-to right near someones base, raid it and teleport all his stuff to my main claim or build some really far away mine, claim it and teleport back and forth from the mine with the ore (sounds like a "good" thing but it's not intended to be that easy).

Except it already is an exploit. Just use alts. (I think we have the devs thinking on a solution to this, though, before everyone blows up. ;) )
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Superiodity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Superiodity wrote:2. No, it would lead to so many exploits, I could just build a lean-to right near someones base, raid it and teleport all his stuff to my main claim or build some really far away mine, claim it and teleport back and forth from the mine with the ore (sounds like a "good" thing but it's not intended to be that easy).

Except it already is an exploit. Just use alts. (I think we have the devs thinking on a solution to this, though, before everyone blows up. ;) )

True, but I didn't want to mention alts incase it turned into another "No more alts, Yes/No?" thread.
Superiodity

Postby Arillious » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Pretty sure everyone can agree one item 1.

For item 3, have you tried putting dirt over the sand? Not saying it will work, but I know i read something about someone doing this and accidentally covering up a lime quarry(and destroying that part of the quarry permanently which is probably a bug).
Arillious

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 pm

It was fixed. You cant drop dirt on quarries at all anymore.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Return to Ideas & Innovations