New Skill: Panning

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

New Skill: Panning

Postby krikke93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi again, all. As I like thinking about updates and coming up with new ideas myself, this one seemed fun, logic and not too hard to program (I guess).

Panning

**Cost: Frontier & Wilderness 2200 // Hunting & Gathering 1200 // Mines & Mountains 2000 (This is only to give you an idea, everything is up to the devs)
**How it works: With panning you will be able to make and use a panning plate. First you go to a water source (e.g. a river, lake or the sea) and dig in the shallow water, you will now obtain wet gravel. Use this on your panning plate and fill it with water/use your plate on water. You will now have a full panning plate. You should now go to Adventure -> Pan and you start swirling. After a bit you will obtain some gravel (used as stone) and possibly some items that were hidden inside.
**Possible loot: Golden Bead (Rare /You need 10 to make a Golden Nugget of which you will be able to craft stuff), A Tiny Shell (Inspirational), Golden Nugget (Very Rare!), Silver Bead (Very Rare! You will hardly find any silver while panning irl), Platinum Bead (Pretty Rare/ It's worth more than Gold, less common, but it's heavier than gold and therefore it'll drop to the bottom faster than anything)
**Why? Because Panning would be fun, you never know what you'll find inside the plate. An easy but time consuming way to get gold (or silver) without the need of a mine.

Shoot!

Go ahaid, and tell me (and the devs) what's good/bad about this idea and how you would change it/keep it/not implement it.
Last edited by krikke93 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Re: New Skill: Panning

Postby Uberness » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

skip all the bit about wet gravel...just adventure->pan, has to be in shallow water

also should be no chance of finding silver doing this and maybe rename gold bead to gold dust/flake, and get rid of platinum...and of course you should be able to exchange gold directly to the stands in town as if they were silver coins(nugget =25 silver flake/dust=2?)

then again I'm unsure as to whether gold has ever been found in Massachusets...so :P but I do like the idea
Uberness

Postby krikke93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

I'll keep my basic thread, but all is up the devs how they would change my idea if they like it.
But I do indeed like your suggestion, and renaming it to dust of flake would probably be better (English is not my native language so I seached and found bead).

Thanks for your reply :)
krikke93

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Great minds think alike? I had a post about panning a while back :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby krikke93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:27 pm

The more reason for Jorb to put it in game :D
krikke93

Postby pedrostr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 pm

krikke93 wrote:Hi again, all. As I like thinking about updates and coming up with new ideas myself, this one seemed fun, logic and not too hard to program (I guess).

Panning

**Cost: Frontier & Wilderness 2200 // Hunting & Gathering 1200 // Mines & Mountains 2000 (This is only to give you an idea, everything is up to the devs)
**How it works: With panning you will be able to make and use a panning plate. First you go to a water source (e.g. a river, lake or the sea) and dig in the shallow water, you will now obtain wet gravel. Use this on your panning plate and fill it with water/use your plate on water. You will now have a full panning plate. You should now go to Adventure -> Pan and you start swirling. After a bit you will obtain some gravel (used as stone) and possibly some items that were hidden inside.
**Possible loot: Golden Bead (Rare /You need 10 to make a Golden Nugget of which you will be able to craft stuff), A Tiny Shell (Inspirational), Golden Nugget (Very Rare!), Silver Bead (Very Rare! You will hardly find any silver while panning irl), Platinum Bead (Pretty Rare/ It's worth more than Gold, less common, but it's heavier than gold and therefore it'll drop to the bottom faster than anything)
**Why? Because Panning would be fun, you never know what you'll find inside the plate. An easy but hard way to get gold (or silver) without the need of a mine.

Shoot!

Go ahaid, and tell me (and the devs) what's good/bad about this idea and how you would change it/keep it/not implement it.

+1 i like it a lot
pedrostr

Postby anfros » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Uberness wrote:skip all the bit about wet gravel...just adventure->pan, has to be in shallow water

also should be no chance of finding silver doing this and maybe rename gold bead to gold dust/flake, and get rid of platinum...and of course you should be able to exchange gold directly to the stands in town as if they were silver coins(nugget =25 silver flake/dust=2?)

then again I'm unsure as to whether gold has ever been found in Massachusets...so :P but I do like the idea

I don't like the idea about being able to exchange gold for silver as we really don't need more silver faucets (ways to bring in more silver into the game).

But apart for that I agree to everything that's been said.
anfros

Return to Ideas & Innovations