Pastic and Fireproof Gloves.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Pastic and Fireproof Gloves.

Postby krikke93 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm

What we need

Okay, before I start explaining my new ideas, we're going to need the developpers to add this:
-Cows to get milk (or soya plants)
-Winemaking to have vinegar
-Cotton Gloves (some simple gloves made out of any cotton)

Plastic

So, I just thought having plastic in game would make things alot interresting. You can have all kinds of new stuff with plastic!

**The skill: Plasticmaking (Arts and Crafts: 1700 / Sparks and Embers: 1000 / Thread and Needle: 1500 / Natural Philosophy: 1200)
**How to make it: Use a bucket of milk and a bucket of vinegar on a fire to obtain 'A Plastic Fluid'. Then you'd have to go to go to Crafts -> Materials -> Extract Plastic (this will make you extract the plastic from the milk) to obtain Wet Plastic. Last step is to put the Wet Plastic in a mould to make an item out of it, let it dry for about an hour and it will become the item.
Note! If you wait longer than an hour before putting the wet plastic inside a mould it will become Plastic Garbage and will be completely useless.

Fireproof Gloves

As my idea of putting fires and ore smelters out with water wasn't a succes and seemed unrealistic, I came up with a new idea. Fireproof Gloves!

**How to make it: Craft -> Tools -> Fireproof Gloves (Needs 2 pair of Cotton Gloves, a Bucket of Water and Plastic Goves (made out of the new plastic))
**Use: Wearing these gloves will make you able to use the ore smelter while it's burning. After 30 minutes (in stead of 40) there will already be bars inside the oven and you'll be able to take them out, refill it and add more coal without the need of a new fire. This can also be useful for if you've forgotton to put the ores into the smelter.

Sources

I've found out about making this (rather unusual) plastic here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGxPhW06Jvg
Fireproof Gloves can be found here: http://prop-tricks.wonderhowto.com/how- ... es-165940/

Thank You

Thanks alot for reading this thread, I hope you liked it and comment what you think about it (could be crap) :)
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Re: Pastic and Fireproof Gloves.

Postby sabinati » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm

really? :|
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby krikke93 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

sabinati wrote:really? :|

yes, really, explain yourself ;)
krikke93

Postby milonti » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Well to start you're off by a century or two if I know the technology right. Probably not the best thing to introduce to this setting. Fire-retardant gloves maybe, but definitely not plastic :/
milonti

Postby krikke93 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 pm

milonti wrote:Well to start you're off by a century or two if I know the technology right.

I didn't think so. As the guy in the video says, this kind of plastic was invented by Da Vinci ( 15 april 1452 - 2 mai 1519 )
And in what age are we? if we can have stamp mills, we can have plastic. And definately this kind of plastic (there's not even a need for oil).
krikke93

Postby milonti » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 pm

krikke93 wrote:
milonti wrote:Well to start you're off by a century or two if I know the technology right.

I didn't think so. As the guy in the video says, this kind of plastic was invented by Da Vinci ( 15 april 1452 - 2 mai 1519 )
And in what age are we? if we can have stamp mills, we can have plastic. And definately this kind of plastic (there's not even a need for oil).

Whelp I have no idea then. Still dont think it fits thematically.
milonti

Postby krikke93 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 pm

milonti wrote:Whelp I have no idea then. Still dont think it fits thematically.

Maybe not. Just throwing out some ideas in here and who knows if I come up with something that the devs would like to put in game ;)
krikke93

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Damascus blades had some carbon nanotubes in them, but that doesn't mean we should be garroting people with monofilament wire.
Potjeh

Postby milonti » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:46 pm

krikke93 wrote:Maybe not. Just throwing out some ideas in here and who knows if I come up with something that the devs would like to put in game ;)

Good for you for not being discouraged and/or angry! :D
milonti

Postby Uberness » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 am

DaVinci also invented the helicopter, how many of those did you see in America when the colony at Salem was founded? it doesn't fit the theme/period in which the game is set.

also that type of 'plastic' was made with milk and lye, not milk and vinegar, and wasn't actually used until around the 1800's...so maybe you'd want wood ash(best form of lye during the period and was often used in soap making) instead of vinegar, and to wait about 200 years
Uberness

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations