More use of Mining skills

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

More use of Mining skills

Postby Stevie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to make mining more of a challage? with more items / ore (like gold / bronze). And if there is no light some enemys will spawn like bets or spiders.
This way its mining effect will be more fun to do.

ps: sorry for the dubble post of forester Potjeh
Stevie

Re: More use of Mining skills

Postby milonti » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:49 pm

IIRC the devs have discussed at some point or another adding in other metal types. Just not high up on the TO-DO list atm.

In HnH there were Trolls that could spawn in mines. It'd be interesting if something of this type was implemented, maybe a creature with toughness based on the amount of space mined out.
milonti

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

It's likely the entire mining system is going to be revamped. I think it was intended to be "the" mining system, but in testing it has quite a few flaws.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby M_So » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:36 am

milonti wrote:IIRC the devs have discussed at some point or another adding in other metal types. Just not high up on the TO-DO list atm.

In HnH there were Trolls that could spawn in mines. It'd be interesting if something of this type was implemented, maybe a creature with toughness based on the amount of space mined out.

If I remember right they already have other metals in the game now, their is just no way of getting them yet. Not sure where I heard that, it may have been confused it with metal purity.
M_So

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 am

I miss hnh mining minus the bots and snake tunnels and the single line mining trick. Dat feel of being a DORF mining away all day is just awesome.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

Dallane wrote:I miss hnh mining minus the bots and snake tunnels and the single line mining trick. Dat feel of being a DORF mining away all day is just awesome.

I agree, it was awesome.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Return to Ideas & Innovations