First time K.O. warning on crime!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: First time K.O. warning on crime!

Postby Feedzor » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Well I think for most people, when like said above you get a window with a short explanation the first time you use criminal acts or trespassing (or any of the things), they usually skip it and don't read it.

I have to say that if this is actually the case then it's your own fault. But most people do this, it's the same as reading the agreement policy of something. If you have seen the apple episode of southpark I do have to say it's your own responsibility if you don't read it, and there is no real excuse. But to just keep everyone from having to learn the hard way I say you should have some sort of 'safety net'.

My friend who I play with together actually had the exact same things as I did yesterday. So that's no coincidence I assume? I don't know. I just want to make life easier for the people who are about to experience the same as I have right now. It's not really necessary I think. Now that I know that it takes 24 hours, obviously I will keep my eyes on the BB bar.
Feedzor

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Feedzor wrote:Well I think for most people, when like said above you get a window with a short explanation the first time you use criminal acts or trespassing (or any of the things), they usually skip it and don't read it.

"Most people" chat away or text on a cell phone while driving in heavy traffic, too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do something like that.

If a game developer says information is important enough to present to me in game like this (especially when there isn't a fleshed out manual), then that means it's important enough you had better learn it. It's like trying to fly and ignoring the laws of physics. Eventually you're going to go splat.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Feedzor » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:10 pm

You are right, I won't fight you on that. However I still think there should be something that can prevent this from happening. As much fun as splatting on the ground sounds :P.
Feedzor

Postby Shoi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Also, you know you're doing something wrong, cause you have to turn on criminal acts. And generally something bad is going to happen when you do something criminal even if it's just to look. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you logged on and someone was shifting through your stuff and they said it's their first crime and you can't KO them out of your base.
Shoi

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations