First time K.O. warning on crime!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

First time K.O. warning on crime!

Postby Feedzor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello,
I feel like any player should get a warning of some kind on the first crime he or she commits that it's possible to K.O. and that it takes 24 hours to be able to play again.
I just K.O.-ed in an abandoned place, so that's fine, but I didn't get any notice of some kind and didn't know that this would drain my BB this much. For the record, I have 40 BB.
Anyway, yes I guess it could have been prevented but I just didn't know and meanwhile didn't have the need to check my humours.

So anyway, if I would have known obviously it wouldn't have happened. That's why I think it would be nice to get a message or 1 'free-pass' if you are about to K.O. for the first time.
Also, 24 hours is a really long time for a honest mistake.
What do you think?
Feedzor

Re: First time K.O. warning on crime!

Postby Shoi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 pm

That would get abused easily.

People would create consent new characters to get away with one crime. Crime itself kinda should tell you your doing something wrong that you shouldn't be doing in the first place if you don't want negative effects, common sense that; I'm gonna take this stuff that's not mine! I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure when you unlock the skill a little box pops up and tells you that humors don't regenerate and negative effects happen from trespassing alone.
Shoi

Postby Feedzor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 pm

I think getting the skills for a new character all the time would take too long for people to abuse it.
And I guess I didn't read that then. Still though.
Feedzor

Postby Uberness » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 am

Feedzor wrote:Also, 24 hours is a really long time for a honest mistake.

just whats honest about stealing from someone? you're out for 24 hours, its not as bad as in some other games where you're out forever...this is supposed to be a permadeath game afterall! ¦]
Uberness

Postby painhertz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am

You cannot commit any crime without hitting that criminal acts button. Deal with it.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 am

painhertz wrote:You cannot commit any crime without hitting that criminal acts button. Deal with it.

This ^. you knew that you had criminal acts on to get into the plot
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:47 am

There should also be a warning sign when you click on criminal acts or at least an 'Are you sure you want to use criminal acts?' (yes/no) button.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Glennfinnan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am

staxjax wrote:There should also be a warning sign when you click on criminal acts or at least an 'Are you sure you want to use criminal acts?' (yes/no) button.

Sometimes you need to switch between Criminal Acts off and on really fast so your idea could only work upon the first ever activation of CA.
Glennfinnan

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am

Isn't having to toggle on criminal acts already the warning sign? Wouldn't adding a warning to that be a warning side about the warning sign?
TeckXKnight

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I have already proposed a pop-up help box for the first time a person turns on criminal acts just like the one you get the first time you wander into the darkness, etc. jorb was keen on the idea, so expect it to come as yes, new players need to know these things and it's not directly obvious what the consequences of criminal acts are. Beyond that... tough luck.

Read the manual (the wiki) in the future before trying something new that might have negative consequences. I realize many players don't like getting spoilers on game story lines and such, but it's a sandbox game, not a movie, tv series, or some adventure. Spoiler tags are not warranted.

As far as a "free pass" and the time length: (to put it simply because I can't put it nicely) "No" and "claim owners should have a chance to get on and exact their punishment for your transgressions."
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations