Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Cheena » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 pm

We now have the possibility of beating down someone instead of killing them. Or before killing them. That's still summonable, and that's still a horrible thing to do.

What I'd love to be able to, is to kick someone's kod ass which would apply the debuff "butthurted" and making them unable to do crimes for a certain time. :D
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby trungdle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Cheena wrote:We now have the possibility of beating down someone instead of killing them. Or before killing them. That's still summonable, and that's still a horrible thing to do.

What I'd love to be able to, is to kick someone's kod ass which would apply the debuff "butthurted" and making them unable to do crimes for a certain time. :D

Lol I totally love that idea. :lol:
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:39 am

ImageThis sooner.
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 am

Yes I know, Wardrobes will make the next patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby fuzzball » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:55 am

There is smoked game meats and oysters then what about smoked fish and eel.
fuzzball

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Blood wrote:i assume this is a ease of life ideas thread that helps make life easier. One thing id love and maybe this is a client thing, but on flour bags have the symbol for whatever you put in it appear on it.

Done
EnderWiggin

Postby agentlemanloser » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Reduce tenderboiled terrine boil time to one fully fueled fireplace. Reason? I keep encountering a bug where the progress bar vanishes over long boil sessions. Specifically, if I let the fire burn down, then restart it and let it burn down again, the progress bar will vanish on the terrine. I'm sure this is related to the longstanding copper pot issue, so reducing the boil time would be a usable workaround until the cause of the bug is found.
agentlemanloser

Postby Ukhata » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:54 pm

just keep yer fire lit...
Ukhata

Postby agentlemanloser » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Ukhata wrote:just keep yer fire lit...

Hmm. No. I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require me to be tethered to my computer. If the developers want to make it so that progress bars vanish if the fire goes out, then fine, but since this is not generally the case I would argue that, due to the extreme time required to boil said terrine, it might be prudent to make it a bit less likely to suffer from a low-priority coding error.
agentlemanloser

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:36 pm

agentlemanloser wrote:
Ukhata wrote:just keep yer fire lit...

Hmm. No. I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require me to be tethered to my computer. If the developers want to make it so that progress bars vanish if the fire goes out, then fine, but since this is not generally the case I would argue that, due to the extreme time required to boil said terrine, it might be prudent to make it a bit less likely to suffer from a low-priority coding error.

Tenderboiled Terrine is an Advanced Cooking food that is easier and cheaper to make than most of them. Its difficulty comes with the fact that you have to keep a fire burning under it while it's cooking. In other words, the vanishing of the progress bar is intentional.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations